• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Where is the Tilt WM6.1 update?

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 3  | Next

Anonymous
Where is the Tilt WM6.1 update?
Aug 7 2008, 10:52 AM EDT
Does anyone have a definate answer as to when this will be out? I would try to track down someone from AT&T or HTC and beat them with this thing, but I think that would void the warranty 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Where is the Tilt WM6.1 update?
Aug 9 2008, 12:09 PM EDT
Here's something from HTC:

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your inquiry about the ROM Update for the AT&T Tilt.

We understand how important it is to have the latest ROM Update for your phone. The ROM Update Utility for the AT&T Tilt will be hosted on our website, htc.com, on the AT&T Tilt support page. We are waiting for AT&T to greenlight the release while they've been completing last minute testing. I'm sorry we don't have a more precise ETA, but we have expected the release for several weeks now, having had training, materials, and demo devices with the ROM update, and I believe you're going to be happy with the new features. Please check back on HTC.com from time to time, and if you need help installing the ROM, give us a call.

I hope we have answered your question in detail, Jim. Feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

HTC Technical Support

http://www.america.htc.com

http://htcwiki.com

http://www.cingular.com/support/

4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
paul.bates
paul.bates
Aug 16 2008, 10:33 PM EDT
Thank you so much for getting the real poop. This waiting is terrible agonizling. I am so ready to get my tilt up to this version. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 18 2008, 3:54 PM EDT
"Thank you so much for getting the real poop. This waiting is terrible agonizling. I am so ready to get my tilt up to this version."
The page below shows the update (ROM Version 3.57.502.2 WWE) as being available, but when you try and download it it is for the old version (ROM Version 1.62.502.0).

http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=67&cat=2&dl_id=68

Does anyone have a contact at HTC to let them know of this error?
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 18 2008, 4:47 PM EDT
"The page below shows the update (ROM Version 3.57.502.2 WWE) as being available, but when you try and download it it is for the old version (ROM Version 1.62.502.0).

"
There are about 300 posts since Friday that explain this exact thing you are talking about. It's been like that way since Friday. AT&T is on it's ass as usual. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
waldo15
waldo15
Aug 18 2008, 7:54 PM EDT
"The page below shows the update (ROM Version 3.57.502.2 WWE) as being available, but when you try and download it it is for the old version (ROM Version 1.62.502.0).

"
So I called the HTC hotline today. I pointed to them that the website is showing WM6.1 as available but the ROM that you download is in fact an old one (everyone knows this by now). The support agent made up a story of sorts, about how they were testing websites and making sure the ROM fits in their website (??) and whatnot... bottom line he wanted me to wait for 24-48 hours until everything is settled on their side, and if I did not see the update on the website I should call back again. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Aug 18 2008, 10:39 PM EDT
This was becuase HTC was testing the release pages to make sure that they are ready to go when the ROM is.
The ROM isnt due for at least another week and in the mean time, you may catch them working on the site and testing the pages.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 18 2008, 11:52 PM EDT
"This was becuase HTC was testing the release pages to make sure that they are ready to go when the ROM is.
The ROM isnt due for at least another week and in the mean time, you may catch them working on the site and testing the pages."
What web developer tests websites in the public?! The page was out in the open for days and caused hundreds, if not thousands, of confused customers logging hundreds of hours worth of support calls to AT&T and HTC. This is just plain sloppy and is one poor excuse. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 19 2008, 4:38 PM EDT
"What web developer tests websites in the public?! The page was out in the open for days and caused hundreds, if not thousands, of confused customers logging hundreds of hours worth of support calls to AT&T and HTC. This is just plain sloppy and is one poor excuse."
Actually I hear that there was a BIG problem with the radio for the new ROM and it caused problems and they pulled it till it's fixed. Do you find this valuable?    
MM12

MM12
Aug 19 2008, 6:49 PM EDT
from those that i've talked with 23rd of this month is the release. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 20 2008, 2:36 PM EDT
Keeping with the hearsay, WMexperts is now reporting an anonymous tipster as saying Aug 26th to be the magic date... whatever the case may be, we can only wait and waiting is the worst part. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 21 2008, 12:20 PM EDT
End of the month for sure, they had a problem with it and had to go back thru ATT beta. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 21 2008, 2:22 PM EDT
Do I need to rom-upgrade(version 1.62.502.0) in prior to get WM6.1? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 22 2008, 11:15 AM EDT
"Do I need to rom-upgrade(version 1.62.502.0) in prior to get WM6.1?"
No. It reflashes the entire device instead of just updating it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 22 2008, 6:42 PM EDT
"Does anyone have a definite answer as to when this will be out? I would try to track down someone from AT&T or HTC and beat them with this thing, but I think that would void the warranty"
I cant tell you who I am or where I work for reasons of job security but the update will be available for download on the 26 of Aug. Some AT&T stores already have it on a sd card and can update your phone but just back up all your information first because it will wipe the device. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
AfterGlowMaker
AfterGlowMaker
Aug 26 2008, 8:26 AM EDT
Ok .. it's the 26th ... :-) .. anyone know the URL?? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 26 2008, 10:21 AM EDT
From what I saw on some of the forums. The page doesn't show, but you can see the file at http://member.america.htc.com/download/RomCode/%5CATT%20Tilt%5CRUU_Kaiser_CINGULAR_WWE_3.57.502.2_radio_sign_25.88.40.05_1.65.21.18_Ship.exe

I downloaded it, but am scared to try it
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Aug 26 2008, 10:25 AM EDT
"Ok .. it's the 26th ... :-) .. anyone know the URL??"
Word around the campfire is that the page and link will go live at 9am Pacific. Do you find this valuable?    
stylekyle

stylekyle
Aug 26 2008, 11:14 AM EDT
It's there now!
http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=67&cat=2&dl_id=94
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
turbomach5

turbomach5
Aug 26 2008, 12:31 PM EDT
Download speed is very slow. We all must be taxing the servers :D Do you find this valuable?    
2 3  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors