• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: GMAIL APP

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
GMAIL APP
Feb 17 2008, 11:26 AM EST
The Gmail app stopped working once I installed the new ROM. Phone numbers have also disappeared in the contact list. Only the name shows up. Has anyone seen this phenomenon? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: GMAIL APP
Feb 26 2008, 8:23 PM EST
The same happened to me after I installed that ROM upgrade. Now when I am receiving the following message:"This program requires a data connection. Please contact your carrier, or visit the Gmail for mobile FAQ on your computer for more info."
I contacted my carrier that is AT&T and they told me to contact Gmail team. I visited Gmail for mobile and found the place where they explain how to resolve the issue, but it did not resolve the issue.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 23 2008, 3:01 AM EDT
"The Gmail app stopped working once I installed the new ROM. Phone numbers have also disappeared in the contact list. Only the name shows up. Has anyone seen this phenomenon?"
The same happened to me. I tried everything, AT&T tech support, HTC tech support, Google Gmail tech support, hundred million forums and blogs, but nothing helped. It seems to me that I AT&T Tilt is just a piece of junk and nothing else. I should have gotten an iPhone instead. More fun. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 24 2008, 11:52 AM EDT
Mine still works. I had to set it up again but it works fine. I use IMAP so my settings are
Incoming server: imap.gmail.com:993 Account type IMAP4
Outgoing server smtp.gmail.com:587

I got all of the settings from google...
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Mar 24 2008, 10:04 PM EDT
"The Gmail app stopped working once I installed the new ROM. Phone numbers have also disappeared in the contact list. Only the name shows up. Has anyone seen this phenomenon?"
To get your phone numbers to show, from within Contacts, go to Menu>Options and uncheck the box that says "Show Contact Names Only". Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 24 2008, 11:43 PM EDT
Your GMAIL Application is fixed, or checking your gmail through your messaging? My GMAIL APP was killed after the ROM update, but I Can still get it through the POP3 server... Do you find this valuable?    
asarathy

asarathy
Mar 25 2008, 11:17 AM EDT
I had the same problem. Pre ROM update, the GMAIL app worked fine, but after rom update, it keeps giving the network connection needed error. Also I am noticing that (and maybe it's just me) that using gmail as IMAP, it's not downloading into the labels. I get all the labels as folders, but it doesn't seem to want to download things that I have filtered into labels..... Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors