• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Desktop passthrough

Keyword tags: Desktop passthrough PC as internet connection
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Oliversweb

Oliversweb
Desktop passthrough
Nov 15 2007, 10:42 AM EST
On my Kaiser I don't have a 'Tools' area .. how do I disable the Proxy now? 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Desktop passthrough
Nov 15 2007, 11:05 AM EST
"On my Kaiser I don't have a 'Tools' area .. how do I disable the Proxy now?"
You will only have a Proxy Manager if you have the AT&T version. If you do not have the AT&T version, you wont have one as the proxy is specific to their device and network. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 15 2007, 11:35 PM EST
Is there something else we have to check? I get an error box that says "The page you are looking for cannot be found due to unknown error 0x80072f8"

I have the Tilt, and under Wireless Manager I have everything enabled except for WiFi and Wireless Modem.

Thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Nov 16 2007, 11:07 AM EST
"Is there something else we have to check? I get an error box that says "The page you are looking for cannot be found due to unknown error 0x80072f8"

I have the Tilt, and under Wireless Manager I have everything enabled except for WiFi and Wireless Modem.

Thanks!"
I had that error once upon a time too and it turned out to be an issue with my PC. Error "The page you are looking for cannot be found due to unknown error 0x80072f78" is usually an error indicating that the issue is with your PC and a registry setting. For more info, checkout: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=307183
And this is just one of the sites that has info on it.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 10 2007, 7:15 PM EST
or an easier fix =

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=547fe541f32239bde375517e540ee675&p=1728159#post1728159

There was only one edit to my registry from the zip'd file and straight away my system worked perfectly - no manual regediting needed.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
AfterGlowMaker
AfterGlowMaker
Feb 10 2008, 12:42 PM EST
I have the Tilt .. and the Start>Programs>Tools>Proxy Manager>Disable Proxy. instruction is quite straightforward, however, despite having an AT&T Tilt .. no "Tools" folder .. What's my workaround to get desktop passthrough .. Better yet .. anyone have a nice routine that'll toggle the proxy on activesync connection? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors