Discussion: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 3 4 5  | Next > Last

Anonymous
at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Nov 4 2007, 1:25 AM EDT
I will repeat what i have said on prior posts on AT&T boards
please call htc and att if you have or are experiencing the freezing, sleep hibernate issue with the tilt... I had a total of 3 all from different cities and different batches, both my 2nd and 3rd never had a single other thing including email, or contacts or certainly any software added and i never even made a call and they too had the issue...I never customized the phones either so. we need them to find the cause and a solution you can't have a phone that will not receive your calls and email and text messages because it is in deep sleep and that you constatly have to reset to use.... I am not rebuying until i know for sure it is fixed for good. I hope others do the same or you may be stuck with a defective device or forced to return it for service once you exceed your 30 day return guarantee. Att will not extend it even with the current problems and I for one do not appreciate paying $400 for a defective device.
56  out of 62 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Nov 4 2007, 10:17 PM EST
I personally witnessed this myself. HTC support is worthless in my opinion. Here is their answers. Do a soft reset. Now do a hard reset. Okay return the device.

What are they paying them for and how much. They need better support and should be all over a patch to resolve this problem. Which it is, I did return the first phone and the second one hasnt done it.

COME ON HTC. SHOW US THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!
6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Nov 5 2007, 10:47 AM EST
The rant doesn’t give us anything to analyze to see if we can help you with your issue. If you could tell us what you see, what the device is doing, etc when it freezes, perhaps we could find a solution for you??
I can tell you that if you have a password set on your device, it can cause it to freeze up when it is going into hibernate mode. Basically, your device has reached the interval that is required for you to enter your password but since the device is on its way into hibernate mode, they conflict with each other; the workaround for that is to manually put the device in hibernate by pressing the power button once and then brining oit out. The device will then prompt you for your password... If you can provide some details perhaps someone here can help.
2  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 8 2007, 10:27 PM EST
had this occur with my 8925. replacing the sim card took care of it. 4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 9 2007, 12:18 AM EST
none of the 3 tilts i had , had any passwords set, they would randomly for no reason go into deep sleep which required a soft reset to come out of , no response to any buttons or anything would work except battery removal or reset, while in this state the phones would not receive mail, text or phone calls at all. so far i have not heard of any known cause nor solution from either htc or att. i know from the att boards and the clerks at several att stores that i am far from alone in experiencing this and other issues, htc made a great device, but is seems to have many bugs that need fixing asap, i went back to my treo 750 not my favorite phone but alot more reliable and better battery life by far. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 10 2007, 7:23 PM EST
Yes I am experiencing the same issue. I have contacted HTC and returned 2 phones already. This is a serious issue for a phone that cost what the 8925 cost. HTC is aware of this issue and told me to contact att. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 10 2007, 7:30 PM EST
I contacted HTC and spoke with support and went into great details as to what the device does. He also conducted some test that did not resolve the issue. If you are on a call when the phone goes into sleep mode. It not only freezes. It does not allow you to use the start menu either. You only have use of the two bottom menu items. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Nov 11 2007, 9:12 AM EST
"I contacted HTC and spoke with support and went into great details as to what the device does. He also conducted some test that did not resolve the issue. If you are on a call when the phone goes into sleep mode. It not only freezes. It does not allow you to use the start menu either. You only have use of the two bottom menu items."
The freezing should resolve itself. Basically, the device is processing a command and as soon as it is done, it will return to normal operation. Yiu can either wait or soft reset the device a the workaround for this one. 0  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
kevind

kevind
Nov 20 2007, 7:18 PM EST
I know it's not very helpful, but my Tilt hung when installing software, hung while I was on calls, hung when just sitting on my desk. When this happened, several times I called it from another phone with no responses from the phone. No amount of pressing the power button helped. I totally spaced on trying the soft reset. But removing the battery helped. My phone was VERY sluggish.

After several days of this, I decided to hard reset my phone. Did NOT allow the AT&T features to be installed. Set up my phone. Reinstalled any software I wanted. After about 5 days, I've not had any hangs. My phone is fairly responsive.

Not saying the only problem was with the AT&T features, but my single test says my Tilt works better without it.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
mkusma
mkusma
Nov 20 2007, 9:22 PM EST
I used to have a "sleep" issue with my HTC 6700 on Verizon. I found that in 100% of the cases, if I popped out the SD card, it would wake up the device. I could then reinsert the SD and life was good. I kept the card out for a couple months and had no coma issues. I don't have an SD card in my Tilt yet, so we'll see what happens. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: at&t tilt 8925 power on issue
Nov 26 2007, 4:50 PM EST
The problem with my 8925 is that it doesn't turn on anymore. When I charge the phone, a red light turns on. Does anyone has the same problem as I do? 9  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 26 2007, 5:18 PM EST
"The problem with my 8925 is that it doesn't turn on anymore. When I charge the phone, a red light turns on. Does anyone has the same problem as I do?"
Sounds like an issue with the connector or a chip (internally), you will need to get the device replaced. 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 26 2007, 8:21 PM EST
I had the same problem: it would not come out of sleep mode in certain instances. This would be unacceptable without a work around I discovered. It sems that the problem occurs only if the Tilt goes into sleep mode on its own while in an applcation other than Today or Phone. If you leave it in the Today screen or on the Phone screen it will come out of sleep like you would normally expect, such as when you get a notification, an incoming call, or an incoming email, or when you press the power button.

If it goes to sleep when it is in another application, it never comes out of sleep mode unless you put it to sleep yourself by pressing the power button.

Before I realized under what conditions, it does not come back from sleep mode, I had to reset it 3 times in an hour to get it to come back the second day I had this phone. I even exchanged it for a new one. Since I have been leaving it on the Today screen or Phone application screen, it has always come out of sleep when I received an incoming call,notification, email, or pressed the power button. This seems like a very minor inconvenience until a patch is released, considering all of the advantages this phone offers.
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
imfaust

imfaust
Nov 27 2007, 1:21 PM EST
"The problem with my 8925 is that it doesn't turn on anymore. When I charge the phone, a red light turns on. Does anyone has the same problem as I do?"
It seems I'm having the same problem. I bought the phone on Saturday and used it till it said to plug it in that night. I plugged it in, the red (charging?) light came on and i thought all was fine. In the morning, I went to get it and noticed the charging light was still on and could not turn the phone on. I tried re-seating the battery and a couple other tricks to no avail so Sunday I took it back and got a new one.

I brought the new one home, only set up my email and transferred a couple songs over to a microSD card and all seemed well. Then Monday night it told me I needed to charge it, I plugged it in, the red light came on and I went to bed. In the morning, it rang as my alarm and I noticed the light was now green. All should be well I assumed. I showered and came back to it and turned it on to make sure it was still working and the screen lit up just like it should. I put it in my pocket and drove to work - by time I got to the office, it won't turn on again and is completely unresponsive to anything. I'm taking it back and getting an iPhone!
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2007, 10:23 PM EST
I have had my Tilt for 2 days now, and have experienced the "wont wake up" problem three times already. The last time it happened, I tested to see if it could receive a call - and it could not. I pulled the battery and I'm up and going again. So far, I'm disappointed and thinking about going back to my 8125.

I'm running this version:
ROM 1.57.502.2
ROM Date 8/25/2007
Radio 1.27.12.11
Protocol 22.45.88.07H

Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2007, 9:53 AM EST
I've had my Tilt for a few weeks and it uses push email (OneBridge from Sybase). I have not had any "won't wake up" issues. My phone is generally in Edge service. Occasionally, I get GPRS. Perhaps there is a common theme among people having this problem. It might be worth posting what service level you normally have.

Anonymous
Nov 30 2007, 9:27 PM EST
Just purchased ATT Tilt on 11/19/2007. worked for three days with no problems other than the GPS and tethering were not set up. Surfed the web for several hours getting used to it while stuck in Huston airport.

Then three days after purchase the unit turned itself off. It sat for several hours while I ate thanksgiving dinner.

Finally I removed the battery and it rebooted ok. Since then it dies several times a day. No it is not processing commands (unless it is in some sort of usless loop in the dark)

The Bluetooth keeps flashing and the green light as well. All else is dead. Even when you plug in the charger it doesn't even change the light to indicate charging.

The only resolution is battery removal or as I recently discovered you can reset via the small hole by the usb plug.

OK the machine has a prolem that is widly affecting many units. To say it has no problem (which is what the store told me) is rediculus A shame since it has such potential. with no cooperation from ATT I have no option but to get out before my 30 days is up.

They did get the GPS working but it now hangs reqularly while in operation where before it just shut down.

When dead it can't receive calls.

4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2007, 9:38 PM EST
Just a quick idea. I am a programmer with no pda experience but it seems to me a program that is activated by the sleep mode that first changes the program to the today screen before sleeping might solve the problem if the previous poster is correct about it doing so. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 2 2007, 12:00 AM EST
remove the SIM card and put it back in while charging does solve the red light problem. The light now changed it back to Amber and I am able to power up the phone again. 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 2 2007, 3:46 AM EST
This did not fix it for me. Red light does not change when I replace the SIM card.

I asked AT&T for replacement but now seeing that this is fairly common problem I am wondering if I should try another device.
If anyone knows the fix - please help! Thank you.
2 3 4 5  | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors