• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Deleting pre loaded images and tones

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

bjuice79

bjuice79
Deleting pre loaded images and tones
Apr 29 2008, 3:05 AM EDT
When deleting preloaded ringtones (ex: /Windows/Rings/X'mas song) and images (ex: /My Documents/My Pictures/Birthday_gift) it give a warning ...is a system file. If you remove it, your device or one or your progams may no longer work correctly.

I want to know how safe it is to go a head and delete these. I assume it is quite safe. Didn't know if anyone has deleted them already and had no problems or if anyone knew of any you shouldn't delete.
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Deleting pre loaded images and tones
Apr 29 2008, 4:58 PM EDT
"When deleting preloaded ringtones (ex: /Windows/Rings/X'mas song) and images (ex: /My Documents/My Pictures/Birthday_gift) it give a warning ...is a system file. If you remove it, your device or one or your progams may no longer work correctly.

I want to know how safe it is to go a head and delete these. I assume it is quite safe. Didn't know if anyone has deleted them already and had no problems or if anyone knew of any you shouldn't delete."
If you are only deleting the ring and pics, you will be fine. I have them all deleted from my Tilt to make room for my custom tones and pics. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors