• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: new rom installation

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

harrio

harrio
new rom installation
Aug 25 2008, 6:36 AM EDT
I installed a new rom from the xda developers site on my htc universal,Tomal said if my unit got stuck during hard re-set to check with wiki to see how to correct this matter. so here I am asking how to I correct this situation. I would appreciate any help at all on this. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: new rom installation
Aug 25 2008, 5:05 PM EDT
It may be not the case for you, but this is what I found out while toying with rom-upgrades on my Universal. At one time, when there was a problem, te software on my pc said to do a reset to access the bootloader.

The picture that showed how, was in fact wrong. It said I had to push the two soft keys (if that is their name, its those keys asigned to whatever is at the bottom of the screen) and the reset button all at once. But the way to get into the bootloader is to press the backlight button, the power button and the reset button all at once.

Hope it helps.

By the way, if you have a sound problem with this rom (ie no sound at all), and you get it fixed, please let me know...
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 10 2008, 1:49 PM EDT
this is not the wiki he was referring to. check the wiki for xda-developers
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 11 2008, 12:52 AM EDT
"I installed a new rom from the xda developers site on my htc universal,Tomal said if my unit got stuck during hard re-set to check with wiki to see how to correct this matter. so here I am asking how to I correct this situation. I would appreciate any help at all on this."
I got the same problem by getting a rom from xda dev. harrio and I am looking for some help. My case is that the rom is corrupted and i cant get an update of my rom becuase my device was sold in taiwan and they have no rom software for my phone. Can anybody help 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors