• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC TyTN II , Enable GPS

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC TyTN II , Enable GPS
May 12 2008, 5:26 AM EDT
there are 3 easy steps to enabling GPS on htc tytn 2 ,
1) download and install resco file explorer (registry editor) on your mobile phone.
2) search the registery for a file named 'gpsid.dll'
3) the search will find 2 files , rename the files in the registry to become 'gpsid_qct.dll'
and the gps will work !! on com port 4.
for inquiries please contact me
[email protected]
9  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: HTC TyTN II , Enable GPS
May 12 2008, 6:16 AM EDT
"there are 3 easy steps to enabling GPS on htc tytn 2 ,
1) download and install resco file explorer (registry editor) on your mobile phone.
2) search the registery for a file named 'gpsid.dll'
3) the search will find 2 files , rename the files in the registry to become 'gpsid_qct.dll'
and the gps will work !! on com port 4.
for inquiries please contact me
[email protected]"
Not sure why you needed to do this? The TyTN II already had the GPS enabled, that's one of its key selling points. Any application that uses the GPS just needed to be set to COM4 with a baud rate of 4800 and it would work. 8  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 20 2008, 3:34 AM EDT
You are right, except if you r buying the phone from Egypt, in such case you will find the GPS receiver diabled !
in Egypt , GPS is illegal or banned for some reason , thats why you should eneble it yourself.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 22 2008, 7:23 AM EDT
"You are right, except if you r buying the phone from Egypt, in such case you will find the GPS receiver diabled !
in Egypt , GPS is illegal or banned for some reason , thats why you should eneble it yourself."
hi
i tried to find that DLL file in the registry but i did not find it can any body tell me which key is it and what is the path
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 5 2008, 8:46 PM EDT
well yes it's a problem in egypt for that gps receiver but i really have two questions running in my mind, are the phones sold in egypt have a grp receiver built in???? and if yes, does someone knows how to get that hardware working?? kindly reply as it is so imp to me 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 5 2008, 8:47 PM EDT
by the way i forgot to tell you that i found a folder named gpsid but no dll files with that name Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors