• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Navigation added to the Mogul?

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

HansGillman

HansGillman
Navigation added to the Mogul?
Mar 19 2008, 5:31 PM EDT
I has read that the Mogul had navigation added to the phone with the addition of the new firmware with the DV-DO Rev A. Is this true?? Has anyone used it? If not does anyone have a good navigation app to recommend? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Navigation added to the Mogul?
Mar 19 2008, 7:05 PM EDT
I ran a firmware I found on ppc geeks gps internal DID work with windows live maps don't know about speed boost friend hasn't updated me yet. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 19 2008, 7:13 PM EDT
I actually did a review of it for pocketnow.com. Here is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8OOFDBIwlQ

It worked pretty well with iGuidance Version 2.1.3 and Microsoft Live Search. I did have problems with Google, but that could have been a one time deal. The firmware is available on HTC's website as well.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 21 2008, 12:09 AM EDT
I actually used the Telnav Sprint Navigation today and it worked great. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 21 2008, 8:41 AM EDT
Sprint Navigation is on the lastest firmware upgrade for the Mogul. It is awesome and the Rev A is lightening. TeleNav powers the Sprint Navigation and is the leading GPS service in the business. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
FunDallasDude
FunDallasDude
Mar 24 2008, 4:08 PM EDT
The Sprint Navigation by TeleNav is actually great and simple to navigate through. I found the option to search for gas stations by gas price AWESOME!

If you're on a rate plan that includes unlimited navigation and the sprint navigation software shows information about a trial period or agreeing to rate plan, call sprint....otherwise choosing to accept those charges will add on even though you may have already been paying for it.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 24 2008, 5:21 PM EDT
"The Sprint Navigation by TeleNav is actually great and simple to navigate through. I found the option to search for gas stations by gas price AWESOME!

If you're on a rate plan that includes unlimited navigation and the sprint navigation software shows information about a trial period or agreeing to rate plan, call sprint....otherwise choosing to accept those charges will add on even though you may have already been paying for it."
The problem with Telenav is that you have to pay $10 per month for it. Over the course of one year, it will cost you $120. For that money, you can buy something like TomTom 6 for $100 and it will reside on you device. This way, it doesn't require a data connetion. I am sure that Telenav cache's the map data as it is working, but I'm not sure how much it will cache.

Also, on Sprint, if you get a phone call, you can't use the data connection simultaneously with the voice connection. The data connection will drop to take the call. That could be a nuisance if someone calls you while you are using Telenav.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 30 2008, 10:33 AM EDT
Sprint navigation is here for the Mogul! Go to sprint downloads and get the new firmware, be sure to sync your phone first, to save your data. I lost my contacts because I was so happy. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour for you download and upload your software so don't think its something that can be done in ten minutes. Works great and I'm a recruiter I go everywhere even through tunnels! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 15 2008, 7:12 PM EDT
I did the latest firmware update for my Mogul and TeleNav trial was installed. What I didn't find was anyway to use my Contacts list on my phone to specificy a TO address. Anyone know if that's possible? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 15 2008, 1:40 PM EDT
"I has read that the Mogul had navigation added to the phone with the addition of the new firmware with the DV-DO Rev A. Is this true?? Has anyone used it? If not does anyone have a good navigation app to recommend?"
I currently have the 3.56.651.0 ROM version which comes standard w/Sprint Navagation. My previous ROM version had the same app but it was called Telenav. I've used the Navagation program several times and it is extremely accurate. I seem to have been using it for free all this time but apparently there is a charge for the service. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 15 2008, 1:42 PM EDT
"I did the latest firmware update for my Mogul and TeleNav trial was installed. What I didn't find was anyway to use my Contacts list on my phone to specificy a TO address. Anyone know if that's possible?"
Which ROM version do you have? If you upgrade to the latest version released in June 2008, then you'll have the Sprint Navation app rather than the trial TeleNav. Use the Sprint Navagation app & when you go to your contacts list and select Menu, you'll see a Drive To or a Map It option. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors