• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: text ringtone for fuzeThis is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 12 of 12  |  Show  posts at a time

j4rote33
text ringtone for fuze
Feb 8 2009, 5:51 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2009, 5:51 PM EST
hey i figured out my last problem now i was just wondering how do i set a downloaded ringtone as my text message tone? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: text ringtone for fuze
Feb 9 2009, 3:50 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2009, 3:50 PM EST
"hey i figured out my last problem now i was just wondering how do i set a downloaded ringtone as my text message tone?"
See FAQ's: http://htcwiki.com/page/FAQ and look at "How do I set a custom alert for SMS, MMS, and email?" Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
2. RE: text ringtone for fuze
Feb 20 2009, 2:43 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 20 2009, 2:43 PM EST
"See FAQ's: http://htcwiki.com/page/FAQ and look at "How do I set a custom alert for SMS, MMS, and email?""
Thanks Browntannis, very helpful. My Fuze will sound the tone when I receive an email or text message. When I send a text message I get no acknowledgement that the text has been sent - no tone is sounded. HTC says the Fuze is setup to tone when an MMS is received but not when it is sent. This is really a problem for me. All my old HTC phones sounded a tone to confirm when I sent a Text. Any ideas how I can change this on my Fuze? Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
3. RE: text ringtone for fuze
Feb 20 2009, 2:55 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 20 2009, 2:55 PM EST
"Thanks Browntannis, very helpful. My Fuze will sound the tone when I receive an email or text message. When I send a text message I get no acknowledgement that the text has been sent - no tone is sounded. HTC says the Fuze is setup to tone when an MMS is received but not when it is sent. This is really a problem for me. All my old HTC phones sounded a tone to confirm when I sent a Text. Any ideas how I can change this on my Fuze?"
Download Advanced Config, along with many other helpful registry settings, you can turn on and off sms sent notifications.

http://www.4shared.com/file/82034868/8bd01b62/Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v33.html?dirPwdVerified=e1da9a23
Do you find this valuable?    

Jaquilles
4. RE: text ringtone for fuze
Mar 13 2009, 12:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 12:12 PM EDT
TO SET A RINT TONE AS A TEXT TONE GO TO (FILE EXPLORER-MY DEVICE-APPLICATIONS DATA- SOUNDS) THEN ALL U NEED TO DO IS COPY AND PASTE THE RINGTONES U WANT INTO THAT FOLDER. Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
5. RE: text ringtone for fuze
Mar 13 2009, 1:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 1:45 PM EDT
"Download Advanced Config, along with many other helpful registry settings, you can turn on and off sms sent notifications.

http://www.4shared.com/file/82034868/8bd01b62/Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v33.html?dirPwdVerified=e1da9a23"
Thanks Den! I downloaded Advanced Config. What a great utility! I was able to add back the SMS sent tone and a number of other tweaks that make the Fuze very usable. I also downloaded it to my Tilt. It works great there also. I had previously downloaded Kaiser Tweaks which worked great, but didn't have as many tweaks as AC3. I was concerned that Kaiser Tweaks and AC3 might have conflicts, but they work fine together. My only Fuze issue now is that it won't let Voice Command announce my incoming callers without trashing the duplex communication with my BlueTooth. Apparently HTC is aware of the problem and is working on a patch. Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
6. RE: text ringtone for fuze
Mar 13 2009, 1:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 1:51 PM EDT
"TO SET A RINT TONE AS A TEXT TONE GO TO (FILE EXPLORER-MY DEVICE-APPLICATIONS DATA- SOUNDS) THEN ALL U NEED TO DO IS COPY AND PASTE THE RINGTONES U WANT INTO THAT FOLDER."
I copied my custom ringtones (MP3 files) onto "Applications Data\Sounds" on my Tilt, but WM6.1 doesn't include them in the ringtone dropdown list in Contacts. Do you know if the ringtones are stored in a different place on the Tilt as they are on the Fuze? I have also stored the ringtones in "Windows", and in "Windows\Rings" but it still doesn't recognize them. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
7. RE: text ringtone for fuze
Mar 13 2009, 1:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 1:59 PM EDT
"I copied my custom ringtones (MP3 files) onto "Applications Data\Sounds" on my Tilt, but WM6.1 doesn't include them in the ringtone dropdown list in Contacts. Do you know if the ringtones are stored in a different place on the Tilt as they are on the Fuze? I have also stored the ringtones in "Windows", and in "Windows\Rings" but it still doesn't recognize them."
Fuze ringtones have a file size limit of 600k, you need to trim them to that size or lower. Text tones have to be in .wav format to be recognized as text tones. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
8. RE: text ringtone for fuze
Mar 13 2009, 2:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 2:11 PM EDT
"Fuze ringtones have a file size limit of 600k, you need to trim them to that size or lower. Text tones have to be in .wav format to be recognized as text tones."
Do you know if the 600K limit also applies to the Tilt (also WM6.1)? Can phone ringtones be MP3 or also have to be .wav? Do you find this valuable?    

JEV5X5
9. RE: text ringtone for fuze
May 22 2009, 11:36 AM EDT | Post edited: May 22 2009, 11:36 AM EDT
Hey guyz I've been trying all and nothing seems to work, I have a mac and no Active Sync in it is there any way I could do this though the phone? I already got the file to be a .wav and dropped it in the windows and rings but nothing worx... plz some one help out. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
10. RE: text ringtone for fuze
May 22 2009, 10:14 PM EDT | Post edited: May 22 2009, 10:14 PM EDT
"Hey guyz I've been trying all and nothing seems to work, I have a mac and no Active Sync in it is there any way I could do this though the phone? I already got the file to be a .wav and dropped it in the windows and rings but nothing worx... plz some one help out."
So you have a .wav file on your phone, that is less than 600 kb. You use file explorer to copy and paste it to the root ( not a sub folder ) of your windows folder. You do a soft reset.
And then you go to start> settings> sounds and notifications> notifications. You scroll to sms notification and your sound isn't there in the drop down menu ?

Try Missing Sync, it is what I use on my iMac and it is great. It does everything that active sync does but better.
Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
11. RE: text ringtone for fuze
Jun 20 2009, 4:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 20 2009, 4:25 PM EDT
"So you have a .wav file on your phone, that is less than 600 kb. You use file explorer to copy and paste it to the root ( not a sub folder ) of your windows folder. You do a soft reset.
And then you go to start> settings> sounds and notifications> notifications. You scroll to sms notification and your sound isn't there in the drop down menu ?

Try Missing Sync, it is what I use on my iMac and it is great. It does everything that active sync does but better."
Do you sync to your iMac and a PC, or just the iMac? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)