• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 22  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next

snooprob40
WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Mar 16 2009, 4:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 16 2009, 4:20 PM EDT
Ok, now i'm a little upset. I understand that technology is ever changing and evolving, but I think what HTC has done with the Touch PRO 2 is just wrong. I've seen the modifications they have made and I have to wonder why? Why didn't they put these in the original HTC TOUCH PRO? The software modifications seem so minor, yet have such a major impact. Plus the fact that it's realese is relatively soon after the HTC TOUCH PRO?

Come on HTC, I understand you're trying to make more money but don't alienate the prior dedicate users by doing so because you will soon lose them. Put together a ROM update for the HTC Touch PRO that makes the changes that you have for the TOUCH PRO 2.

I'm fed up!!!!!
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
1. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
May 29 2009, 6:21 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2009, 6:21 PM EDT
"Ok, now i'm a little upset. I understand that technology is ever changing and evolving, but I think what HTC has done with the Touch PRO 2 is just wrong. I've seen the modifications they have made and I have to wonder why? Why didn't they put these in the original HTC TOUCH PRO? The software modifications seem so minor, yet have such a major impact. Plus the fact that it's realese is relatively soon after the HTC TOUCH PRO?

Come on HTC, I understand you're trying to make more money but don't alienate the prior dedicate users by doing so because you will soon lose them. Put together a ROM update for the HTC Touch PRO that makes the changes that you have for the TOUCH PRO 2.

I'm fed up!!!!! "
The Touch Pro 2 is a different form factor. It is the same size (slightly longer) as the ATT-Tilt (HTC-8925) so it's a much bigger unit than the Touch Pro. It has a 3.6 inch WVGA screen and it tilts just like the old Tilt. The Touch Pro is smaller, lighter, with a 2.8" VGA screen. The processing power of the devices is similar, but size is a completely different matter. I have big hands and like the Tilt. I plan to buy a Touch Pro2 when it's available. My wife has a Fuze (aka Touch Pro) and likes the size of it much better than the Tilt or Touch Pro 2. Hopefully the new ROM upgrade for the Fuze will solve some of its quirks. I'm guessing an updated ROM will be available for the Touch Pro soon. Do you find this valuable?    
calemus
calemus
2. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 5 2009, 12:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 5 2009, 12:00 PM EDT
as long as were complaining,,,
why is there NO IR port?????
it is NEEDED and is GUARENTEED to be incorperated later, so why cut it out now?
and more importantly,,,why are the 2 antena extention ports hidden under the back cover??
i have to DRILL HOLES to make ascess to my antenna ports?????
comeon,,,get real
and why is this new products processor only @ 512 meg??
comon,,,how is it apple puts out a ultra smoth system and windows devices are still frezzing up?
ither fix /change the OS,
or give us enough hardware to handle the bad software
Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
3. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 5 2009, 1:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 5 2009, 1:32 PM EDT
"as long as were complaining,,,
why is there NO IR port?????
it is NEEDED and is GUARENTEED to be incorperated later, so why cut it out now?
and more importantly,,,why are the 2 antena extention ports hidden under the back cover??
i have to DRILL HOLES to make ascess to my antenna ports?????
comeon,,,get real
and why is this new products processor only @ 512 meg??
comon,,,how is it apple puts out a ultra smoth system and windows devices are still frezzing up?
ither fix /change the OS,
or give us enough hardware to handle the bad software"
The IR port became redundant when BlueTooth came on the scene. IR takes up too much hardware space and BT does the same thing plus much more. Why do you need an external antenna? My internal antenna works great in most areas. No question software bugs are frustrating, but they can be fixed. Hardware problems are forever.

HTC is using the Qualcomm® MSM7200A™. It runs at 528 MHz and is currently the industry standard. Apple uses the ARM 1176 that has the potential to run at 620 MHz, but they underclock it down to 412 MHz because it runs too hot at full speed and tends to fry the phone. It took Apple three tries to get a phone with 3G and WiFi. The original iPhone had neither, the OS upgrade didn't help much. With the 3G they added WiFi and Outlook Sync to compete. The ATT data plan which you have to buy to get an iPhone is a rip off and the text messaging packages are worse. Plus no tweaking iPhones+ you must buy their apps.

The HTC phones have plenty of "horsepower" to handle the software, you just have to make sure you don't have too many apps running at the same time. Apple solved this problem by only allowing one app to run at a time on the original iPhone. Now they allow as many as three apps running. I would rather control my apps myself. Finally, the iPhone touch screen keyboard is the worst. - no real keyboard makes for very garbled txt msgs.

hattieae
4. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 5 2009, 1:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 5 2009, 1:41 PM EDT
Snooprob40 I know how you feel! I had an HTC Diamond and then I changed to the HTC Pro but then a WEEK after literally the HTC PRO 2 came out and so did the new version of the HTC Diamond! I think that like Apple our phones should be upgraded. It's ridiculous. Do you find this valuable?    
calemus
calemus
5. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 5 2009, 5:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 5 2009, 5:05 PM EDT
the ir port
there are many optical use still in effect today
barcode scann, tv/vcr/dvd remotes, what ever needs optical can usualy be modified programed or hached o function with an ir port
no ir port no functuion
I NEED MY FUNCTIONS

the original unlock /hack to the iphone was by a 14 year old
it's still runnin out as far as they can hack

qwerty keyboards, if it dosent have it, i wont buy it.
and it has to be a slider.

internal external antennas
if i need to explian why this is absolutly nessesary then it's not worth my time
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

geoffaree
6. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 12 2009, 9:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 12 2009, 9:40 AM EDT
I'm just straight up pissed this is not coming to the US, I guess I stay with the HTC Touch Pro Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
7. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 12 2009, 10:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 12 2009, 10:27 AM EDT
"I'm just straight up pissed this is not coming to the US, I guess I stay with the HTC Touch Pro"
Who says it is not coming to the US ?

This is from HTC's twitter.................................http://twitter.com/htc/status/1699254258
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
8. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 12 2009, 12:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 14 2009, 2:56 AM EDT
"Who says it is not coming to the US ?

This is from HTC's twitter.................................http://twitter.com/htc/status/1699254258"
HTC has said the TP2 would be available in Europe starting June 7. That has already happened. They also said it will be available in the U.S. during the "late summer or early fall of 2009. HTC is working on a ROM for AT&T and it is likely the phone will also go to T-Mobile. I think the roll out will be similar to the Touch Pro. It came out as the Fuze for AT&T, then came out as the Touch Pro for most of the other carriers. They now have a CDMA version for Verizon. Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
9. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 13 2009, 11:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 13 2009, 11:46 PM EDT
Check out the new thread on the Touch Pro 2 Page about the TP2 coming to AT&T this summer. The RHOD300 is AT&T's version of the TP2. It just passed the FCC RF emissions tests 2 weeks ago. Amazon is offering an unlocked version now, but I'll bet AT&T will have it soon. Do you find this valuable?    
calemus
calemus
10. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 14 2009, 1:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 14 2009, 1:07 AM EDT
i thought people would have cought on long ago thats why i didnt post this,,,but i knew tmobile was going to release the touch pro 2 wayyyyyyyyyyy back b4 i ever touched this thread,,,,,and there is a lot more info available about the phone to,,it is awsem yes, and thier best release yet yes, but there are a few points that infuriate me about what should be in it and is NOT,,,for instance the processor going to be released in november, it RO CK S like california in "63" (earthquake referance) and many other things, some of wich i have posted a wee bit earlyer Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
11. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 14 2009, 3:05 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 14 2009, 12:07 PM EDT
"i thought people would have cought on long ago thats why i didnt post this,,,but i knew tmobile was going to release the touch pro 2 wayyyyyyyyyyy back b4 i ever touched this thread,,,,,and there is a lot more info available about the phone to,,it is awsem yes, and thier best release yet yes, but there are a few points that infuriate me about what should be in it and is NOT,,,for instance the processor going to be released in november, it RO CK S like california in "63" (earthquake referance) and many other things, some of wich i have posted a wee bit earlyer"
We first heard that the TD2 would come to the U.S. but not the TP2. Then the word we received back in February was that the TP2 would go to T-Mobile but not AT&T. Many AT&T customers complained enough that AT&Tchanged their tune. I think AT&T was hoping that the Fuze would be the next major device for them, but finally realized that they needed to offer the TP2 to compete with the iPhone.

The new processsors that will be released in November (or later if the schedule slips - which it usually does) won't be ready to go into a new device until some time in 2010. I don't think we want to wait for that. By then the TP3 or some new model will be out using the faster processor.

BTW - there were no major earthquakes in California in 1863 or 1963. : )
calemus
calemus
12. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 14 2009, 3:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 14 2009, 3:24 PM EDT
my bad on the yer quote,,,,this was my intent of referance
On July 21, 1952, an earthquake with epicenter in Kern County measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale killed 12 people. The Kern County earthquake was the largest earthquake to strike Southern California since the Fort Tejon earthquake of 1857 and the Lone Pine earthquake of 1872, causing immense and widespread damage. In addition to 12 fatalities, it was responsible for at least 18 injuries and over $50 million in property damage. It was followed by several aftershocks, at least 20 of which were magnitude 5.0 or greater. The quake occurred on the White Wolf Fault and was the second strongest quake in California history, second only to the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
http://www.wiki-mirror.be/wiki/Kern_County%2C_California
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
13. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 14 2009, 9:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 14 2009, 9:58 PM EDT
"my bad on the yer quote,,,,this was my intent of referance
On July 21, 1952, an earthquake with epicenter in Kern County measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale killed 12 people. The Kern County earthquake was the largest earthquake to strike Southern California since the Fort Tejon earthquake of 1857 and the Lone Pine earthquake of 1872, causing immense and widespread damage. In addition to 12 fatalities, it was responsible for at least 18 injuries and over $50 million in property damage. It was followed by several aftershocks, at least 20 of which were magnitude 5.0 or greater. The quake occurred on the White Wolf Fault and was the second strongest quake in California history, second only to the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
http://www.wiki-mirror.be/wiki/Kern_County%2C_California"
Well, if the new Qualcomm Snapdragon really rocks like the Kern County Quake of '52 it should be a winner. Toshiba is already working on a cell phone (TG01) using the 1GHz Snapdragon. The 1.3 GHz chip will not go into a cell phone but rather a sub-netbook called a smartbook. I hear HTC is working on several devices with the Snapdragon family of chips. We'll probably see something on that in 2010. Check out the latest on the Snapdragon at:

http://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2009/090601_Snapdragon_QSD8650A.html

My big concern about these screaming fast processors is heat dissipation. Apple has the 620MHz processor in the iPhone but they have to underclock it down to 412 MHz to keep it from frying the phone. I'm sure they will figure it out.
calemus
calemus
14. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jun 20 2009, 2:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 20 2009, 2:16 PM EDT
NICCCCCE Do you find this valuable?    
calemus
calemus
15. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jul 7 2009, 12:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 7 2009, 12:11 AM EDT
well,,,i was going to go with the
http://www.pharosgps.com/products/proddetail.asp?prod=001_PTL137_7.90&cat=147
because it will work with t/mo 3g and teather
BUTTTTT
because they have absolutly FAILED to put a slide out keyboard on thier device,,,and SINnnnnnccCEEE

THIS has poped up
http://www.zer01mobile.com/services.php

i might be able to get AT&T service thier 3g thier everything AT 5_10 bucks LESS! than tmo
now,,,,,can u all guess who is looking back to the internation version of the tp2?

by the way,,,,htc, if u r reading this
pleas be aware,,devices like pharos not criples by tmo are very much looking very better than your american cripled versions
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
16. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jul 7 2009, 3:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 7 2009, 3:52 AM EDT
"well,,,i was going to go with the
http://www.pharosgps.com/products/proddetail.asp?prod=001_PTL137_7.90&cat=147
because it will work with t/mo 3g and teather
BUTTTTT
because they have absolutly FAILED to put a slide out keyboard on thier device,,,and SINnnnnnccCEEE

THIS has poped up
http://www.zer01mobile.com/services.php

i might be able to get AT&T service thier 3g thier everything AT 5_10 bucks LESS! than tmo
now,,,,,can u all guess who is looking back to the internation version of the tp2?

by the way,,,,htc, if u r reading this
pleas be aware,,devices like pharos not criples by tmo are very much looking very better than your american cripled versions"
If you're in the U.S. the TP2 (aka AT&T Fortress) will be available this summer. The Pharos looks like a Touch Diamond 2 that HTC modified for Pharos - same specs as TD2 with slightly larger screen. Do you find this valuable?    
calemus
calemus
17. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jul 7 2009, 6:57 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 7 2009, 6:57 AM EDT
american versions are to dumed down
it's angering beyond words
i'll buy the intnatnl vrsn of the htc or get a diff phn maker who will sell me the goods.....m tired of this stupid american censoring
denco7
denco7
18. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jul 7 2009, 9:05 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 7 2009, 9:05 AM EDT
"american versions are to dumed down
it's angering beyond words
i'll buy the intnatnl vrsn of the htc or get a diff phn maker who will sell me the goods.....m tired of this stupid american censoring"
Dumbed down how ? What are you talking about , please elaborate. Do you find this valuable?    
calemus
calemus
19. RE: WTF? HTC TOUCH PRO 2?!?!
Jul 7 2009, 4:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 7 2009, 4:58 PM EDT
whene u buy the international version of an touch pro 2 you get full gps accessa tele video conferancing face cam, and a few diffrent abilities that are all cut off and de-programed from an american carrier.
3g capabilities and tethering are a frequent flip out point of mine,,,i have a tytn tilt, it's no where neer the tytn II,,,,,,,,, same phone but destroyed by AT&T

a samsung 3g 5meg pix cam phone,,,,tmobile de prograamed the teethering capabilities

i could go on but why
it is all just a bunch of stupidity
eliminate the censorship by learning and refusing the restrictions.
buy what you want.
not what your handed
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)