• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: setting ringtones for incoming text messages on the 8525, help !

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
setting ringtones for incoming text messages on the 8525, help !
Apr 22 2008, 1:58 PM EDT
Ive been downloading rintones that i set as my ringtone for incoming callls, but i was wondering if it was possible to set a ringtone for incoming text messages. please help me ! 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: setting ringtones for incoming text messages on the 8525, help !
Apr 22 2008, 2:44 PM EDT
"Ive been downloading rintones that i set as my ringtone for incoming callls, but i was wondering if it was possible to set a ringtone for incoming text messages. please help me !"
Try searching the forum before posting; this is covered here: http://htcwiki.com/page/Custom+Alerts+on+8125+and+8525
Remember that you do not have the option to stop SMS alerts, if you set the alert as a song, the whole thing will play and there is not an option to stop it.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 22 2008, 3:55 PM EDT
"Try searching the forum before posting; this is covered here: http://htcwiki.com/page/Custom+Alerts+on+8125+and+8525
Remember that you do not have the option to stop SMS alerts, if you set the alert as a song, the whole thing will play and there is not an option to stop it."
I have been trying to do this for two months. I have followed these instructions and the .wav file will appear in the play sound folder but it will not play. When I have it selected and a text comes in it always reverts to the default sound. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 26 2008, 3:33 AM EDT
yes it is upgrade to mobile 6 and you can set your text msg tones 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
shaners22

shaners22
Sep 15 2008, 6:41 PM EDT
"Ive been downloading rintones that i set as my ringtone for incoming callls, but i was wondering if it was possible to set a ringtone for incoming text messages. please help me !"
how do u set it ???? any one know Do you find this valuable?    
shaners22

shaners22
Sep 15 2008, 6:48 PM EDT
i have a 8125 i want a ringtone for text how do i do this Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors