• A Wetpaint Site

Location: Configure Smartphone for Google Mobile Maps with Bluetooth GPS

Discussion: Sprint HTC Touch Model MP6900 in the USThis is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts

Posted Anonymously
Sprint HTC Touch Model MP6900 in the US
Apr 11 2008, 1:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 11 2008, 1:52 AM EDT
Go to START---SETTINGS----SYSTEM---EXTERNAL GPS. Then on Programs Port use NONE, on Hardware Port use COM1 and on Access check Manage GPS .......and OK it
Now go to COMM MANAGER (you know... drag you finger from bottom to top, bring the little screen and drag you finger left or right until you find it)
Click on it then on the botom right click on SETTINGS, choose BLUE TOOTH
On Devices look for your already configurated GPS Receiver (mine is a BT-GPS-364183) click and hold it until EDIT and DELETE comes up, click on EDIT,
check SERIAL PORT click OK,
go to Mode check TURN ON BLUE TOOTH and MAKE THIS DEVICE VISIBLE TO ......
on COM Ports click and hold on your GPS Receiver (if none click on NEW OUT GOING PORT and choose your GPS Receiver)
on PORT select COM1, again on PORT select COM1 and OK it.
THAT'S IT Open google maps and use your GPS
9  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    
504_Touch
504_Touch
1. RE: Sprint HTC Touch Model MP6900 in the US
Apr 12 2008, 3:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 12 2008, 3:41 AM EDT
"Go to START---SETTINGS----SYSTEM---EXTERNAL GPS. Then on Programs Port use NONE, on Hardware Port use COM1 and on Access check Manage GPS .......and OK it
Now go to COMM MANAGER (you know... drag you finger from bottom to top, bring the little screen and drag you finger left or right until you find it)
Click on it then on the botom right click on SETTINGS, choose BLUE TOOTH
On Devices look for your already configurated GPS Receiver (mine is a BT-GPS-364183) click and hold it until EDIT and DELETE comes up, click on EDIT,
check SERIAL PORT click OK,
go to Mode check TURN ON BLUE TOOTH and MAKE THIS DEVICE VISIBLE TO ......
on COM Ports click and hold on your GPS Receiver (if none click on NEW OUT GOING PORT and choose your GPS Receiver)
on PORT select COM1, again on PORT select COM1 and OK it.
THAT'S IT Open google maps and use your GPS"
the space where my configurated GPS Receiver is supposed to be is completely blank. I followed your directions up to the "choose bluetooth" part. Is there some way i can put it back in there or where else can i look to find it? Thanks if you can help. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Sprint HTC Touch Model MP6900 in the US
Sep 5 2008, 3:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 5 2008, 3:46 AM EDT
will a p3450 lcd screen work for a mp6900 touch model? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)