• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Keyboard backlight?

Keyword tags: advantage Athena umpc
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Keyboard backlight?
Nov 16 2007, 10:19 PM EST
Not on mine... Surely some error? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Keyboard backlight?
Jan 13 2008, 7:10 PM EST
yes it does. I got my phone a couple of days ago, and my keyboard backlight stoped working. but it does have one Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 30 2008, 9:29 AM EST
I thought mine stopped working too but I think it has a photo eye somewhere that only turns it on in dark light. Try is and see what happens. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
hscohen

hscohen
Jan 30 2008, 3:09 PM EST
I'd love to have a backlight on the hardware keyboard. In the dark I either hold my mini-flashlight in my mouth or peck the screen keyboard with the stylus.
It's droll that two respondents are certain there is a keyboard backlight but can't actually make it work.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 12 2008, 2:25 PM EST
Mine does have a lit keyboard as well. Sometimes mine won't work, but I have noticed that if I wait for about 2-3 seconds it will light up. Possible a timing to touch keyboard setting of some sort? Do you find this valuable?    
UniversalCitizen

UniversalCitizen
RE: Keyboard backlight? - not on my 7501
Feb 14 2008, 7:01 PM EST
No Backlight - it even says so in the reviews and it really is a missing. It would have been so easy to add. I have to say, between the continual freezing up even after the ROM upgrade, the lack of ability to skin it without adding instability, and the size and slowness of the device, I am severely disappointed with my purchase. Windows Mobile 6 is a joke and Microsoft deserves to be sued out of existence for their continual lies about how much you can do with it. My experience is its all crap. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Yesterday, 9:06 AM EDT
"I thought mine stopped working too but I think it has a photo eye somewhere that only turns it on in dark light. Try is and see what happens."
I took your advice and carried my 6800 into a dark room. Sure enough, the keyboard backlight came on. Now the problem is that it really has to be dark to make it work ,and I can't find any documentation of this feature. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)