• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: ATT Tilt Synch issueThis is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

jmedica1
ATT Tilt Synch issue
Feb 25 2009, 3:21 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2009, 3:21 PM EST
I CANNOT get my Tilt to synch with my work PC. It was working last week, but now even after a hard and soft reset, the process fails to complete. The Tilt and PC connect, but the issue I am having is that the synch starts, but never finishes. It just runs. I have tried to stop it, and that fails. I have tried to do only one info type (contacts) and that is currently running in this loop as well. I cannot see what would be tripping it up. I am not connecting to the exchange server, I am using the standard connection through Outlook.

HELP PLEASE!

Joe
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: contacts synch tilt
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: ATT Tilt Synch issue
Feb 26 2009, 1:08 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 26 2009, 1:08 PM EST
"I CANNOT get my Tilt to synch with my work PC. It was working last week, but now even after a hard and soft reset, the process fails to complete. The Tilt and PC connect, but the issue I am having is that the synch starts, but never finishes. It just runs. I have tried to stop it, and that fails. I have tried to do only one info type (contacts) and that is currently running in this loop as well. I cannot see what would be tripping it up. I am not connecting to the exchange server, I am using the standard connection through Outlook.

HELP PLEASE!

Joe"
Try deleting the partnership with the sync software and create a new one. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

jmedica1
2. RE: ATT Tilt Synch issue
Feb 26 2009, 4:59 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 26 2009, 4:59 PM EST
I have deleted the partnership about a dozen times. I will give that a whirl, but I think I have done that as well... Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: ATT Tilt Synch issue
Feb 26 2009, 7:45 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 26 2009, 7:45 PM EST
"I have deleted the partnership about a dozen times. I will give that a whirl, but I think I have done that as well..."
If that doesnt do it, uncheck all items to be synched and add them back 1 at a time syncing after each add. If you see the issue after adding a particular PIM to be synced, then there is corruption in that PIM. Do you find this valuable?    

jmedica1
4. RE: ATT Tilt Synch issue
Feb 27 2009, 8:52 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 27 2009, 8:52 AM EST
OK, I tried that yesterday. If they are corrupted, how do I fix them. I tried just the contacts, and it failed in the same way. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
5. RE: ATT Tilt Synch issue
Feb 27 2009, 12:13 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 27 2009, 12:13 PM EST
"OK, I tried that yesterday. If they are corrupted, how do I fix them. I tried just the contacts, and it failed in the same way."
Once you have identified the Corrupted category, you will need to look to Microsoft for help. If I remember correctly, there is a tool to help you but I dont remember the name of it. Do you find this valuable?    

roughdiamond
6. RE: ATT Tilt Synch issue
Apr 6 2009, 2:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 6 2009, 2:14 PM EDT
It may be caused by the change in how the Tilt behaves when connected. Try this: go to settings>connections>USB to PC and check or uncheck the box. Do you find this valuable?    

cliffhangernlv
7. RE: ATT Tilt Synch issue
Apr 11 2009, 11:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 11 2009, 11:16 AM EDT
You may have already solved the issue. I had the same one. If you are behind a firewall, especially Zone Alarm, you have to disable it, run your sync, then start you firewall back up again when finished.
I have to do this with my Fuze and when I had my Tilt. I still forget to turn ZA off sometimes and have to thump myself.
Good luck.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)