• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Installation CD not working

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Installation CD not working
Dec 29 2007, 1:19 AM EST
Hi,
I just got a HTC Touch. I'm trying to install the software off the cd and it doesn't seem to work. It says that setup.exe doesn't work or something like that.
Can someone help me out. Is there some place I can download the same Office 10 software?
17  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Installation CD not working
Jan 29 2008, 3:57 AM EST
It might be that Flash player is causing the problem. ActiveX to be precise. You probably have ActiveX disabled (e.g. if you use XP Antispy) or you do not have the correct Flash player installed (e.g. only the player for Firefox). There are several solutions:

1: The simplest solution - Ignore the fancy schmanzi installer and install ActiveSync and the other components manually. Just look on the disk for files that contain the words setup or install, double-click them, and they should cooperate (except for the one setup exe that is causing us all this grief). Imho this is the best solution as you don't have to activate ActiveX, which can compromise your computer's security.

2: UNinstall your old Flash player by going to http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/
and downloading and using the flash uninstaller. If you use XP Antispy, enable ActiveX. Then reinstall Flash from the Adobe website (it is important to do this with Internet Explorer, not Firefox). If you use XP Antispy disable ActiveX control again. DONE!
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Installation CD not working
Feb 11 2008, 8:12 PM EST
same thing happened to me. it doesn't work to uninstall flash player and reinstall, same thing still happens. i called htc customer help off their website and they got everything going for me. try giving them a call 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors