• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: T-mobile Wing LCD display replacement

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
T-mobile Wing LCD display replacement
Dec 23 2007, 4:29 PM EST
Does anyone know how to replace or has instructions to replace LCD display for T-mobile wing Windows mobile? 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: T-mobile Wing LCD display replacement
Dec 27 2007, 5:37 AM EST
I had to do this last month. I found a screen on eBay for about $40US including shipping. A simple search will turn up a host of results. The screen I ended up buying is not as bright as the original screen (as I found out after installing), but I figure, for the price, I can't complain too much.

Taking the Dash apart is pretty straight forward, with a small Torx screwdriver and somtheing to (lightly) pry up the back plate and chromed trim ring. There are only 5 screws (4 outside and 1 on the circuit board). The outside screws are under the two rubber dots at the top of the back panel, and on the bottom edge beneath the battery cover. If you have some experience with installing computer parts, the rest is pretty simple. Just take your time and lay everything out in an organized workspace so you don't lose anything. The scree should just unplug/plug in without any concerns for fancy connectors or soldering. I did it in about 30 minutes, taking my time.

Drop another post if you need more help.
0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 31 2007, 1:48 PM EST
I think you have the wrong phone, for replacing the LCD on the wing its not that difficult but it does involve voiding your warranty as you have to disassemble the the entire phone in order to get the LCD compartment off. 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 3 2008, 8:07 PM EST
I also replaced my Sidekick II screen and it wasn't as bright as the origianl, very disappointing. I can see it better if I angle it, unfortunatly.

c. jay aka courtesy
www.myspace.com/cjayakacourtesy
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
AZWinger
AZWinger
Jan 5 2008, 4:25 PM EST
"I think you have the wrong phone, for replacing the LCD on the wing its not that difficult but it does involve voiding your warranty as you have to disassemble the the entire phone in order to get the LCD compartment off."
Can you provide more detailed instructions or hints on how to replace a Wing LCD?
I have a couple fo Wings, one with a broken LCD and one with keypad pilled off. With your help I might just put together a complete set and have the other one sent to HTC for repair.
In any case, thanks much!
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 5 2008, 11:35 PM EST
the most worst kind of PDA and big scam by t-mobile. The irony is that they are even not ready to do free of cost maintenance. What is the use of buying it from T-Mobile. I strongly advise to avoid having business with T-Mobile 2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 11 2008, 4:58 PM EST
How do you separate the front (LCD) and the back (keyboard) parts ? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
OmniCom

OmniCom
Feb 7 2008, 3:35 AM EST
If you guys are having a hard time repairing your cellphone lcd go to www.cellulardr.com and you'll be able to send your phone in for repair. You can also find a huge inventory of parts there. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 30 2008, 8:47 PM EDT
WING LCD Service and Disassembly Manuals
http://michael-channon.spaces.live.com/

WING LCD Replacement for $55 at
www.blackberry8100parts.com
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 14 2008, 10:04 AM EDT
"WING LCD Service and Disassembly Manuals
http://michael-channon.spaces.live.com/

WING LCD Replacement for $55 at
www.blackberry8100parts.com
"
I don't see any Wing / Atlas instructions on that page. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 17 2008, 8:58 PM EDT
my screen completely stopped on my wing what should i do its a wiring problem not the screen like the chip burned out Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 18 2008, 12:53 PM EDT
At last, I found the service manaul online at:

http://www.blackberry8100parts.com/LCD-Installation-instructions_ep_29.html

Hope this helps...
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)