• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Free the GPS on my Bell HTC 6800...This is a featured thread

slessels

slessels
Free the GPS on my Bell HTC 6800...
Mar 7 2009, 8:37 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 7 2009, 8:37 PM EST
Hi,

I use an external Garmin Bluetooth GPS with their maps I have loaded on my phone. They are great, I would love to only carry the phone with me, if only I get the GPS to be unlocked.

I have tried downloaded "MyGPS.CAB", but no luck, I am guessng it only works with Sprint phones. Does anyone have a solution on a Bell phone.

Thank you!
Stuart
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: 6800 GPS unlock
denco7
denco7
1. RE: Free the GPS on my Bell HTC 6800...
Mar 8 2009, 11:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 8 2009, 11:21 AM EDT
"Hi,

I use an external Garmin Bluetooth GPS with their maps I have loaded on my phone. They are great, I would love to only carry the phone with me, if only I get the GPS to be unlocked.

I have tried downloaded "MyGPS.CAB", but no luck, I am guessng it only works with Sprint phones. Does anyone have a solution on a Bell phone.

Thank you!
Stuart"
Your only solution is to use 3rd party hacks to flash a new rom and a new radio onto your phone

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32719&highlight=GPS+Bell+6800
slessels

slessels
2. RE: Free the GPS on my Bell HTC 6800...
Mar 8 2009, 12:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 8 2009, 12:44 PM EDT
Thanks for the link. I am really new to this, but will figure out what to do, step by step, a little nervious to kill my phone by mistake....
denco7
denco7
3. RE: Free the GPS on my Bell HTC 6800...
Mar 8 2009, 1:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 8 2009, 1:50 PM EDT
"Thanks for the link. I am really new to this, but will figure out what to do, step by step, a little nervious to kill my phone by mistake...."
As long as you follow step by step. Don't rush into anything posted by anyone with a small post count , before following up onother opinions. It is pretty straight forward and after you reflash a couple of times , you will wonder why you waited so long.
For more Reading>
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=TitanRecentHome
slessels

slessels
4. RE: Free the GPS on my Bell HTC 6800...
Mar 8 2009, 2:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 8 2009, 2:31 PM EDT
Thanks again! I am looking for the step by step, for dummies version to do this, I will read that link, hope it is there...
jradams

jradams
5. RE: Free the GPS on my Bell HTC 6800...
Mar 9 2009, 3:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 9 2009, 3:20 PM EDT
I am wanting to add a bluetooth gps capability to my Bell 6800. Which Garmin model do you have at the moment? Are there any models that do not work with the 6800. Thanks!
slessels

slessels
6. RE: Free the GPS on my Bell HTC 6800...
Mar 9 2009, 4:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 9 2009, 4:12 PM EDT
"I am wanting to add a bluetooth gps capability to my Bell 6800. Which Garmin model do you have at the moment? Are there any models that do not work with the 6800. Thanks!"
I use the Garmin Mobile 10, which connects via bluetooth to my 6800, and I have the Garmin maps on my memory card. It works really well, I have used it all over North America. To add bluetooth gps capability, for I think $100 or $200, that is what I would do.

Here is a link to check out...
http://www.gpscentral.ca/products/garmin/10X.htm
PriceAnaderson

PriceAnaderson
7. RE: Free the GPS on my Bell HTC 6800...
Mar 11 2009, 12:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 11 2009, 12:02 PM EDT
I use the Holux M-1200 with Tom Tom on my micro card (program & Maps), works great!

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)