• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Audio quality problems on Touch ProReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 30  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next

Posted Anonymously
Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Oct 29 2008, 12:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2008, 12:11 PM EDT
A significant number of users purchasing sprint Touch Pro phones from BB have experienced audio problems from the recently released Touch Pro. It has been described as a "blown speaker sound" from the earpiece. See thread at PPCGeeks below.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42042

Anyone have any thoughts on the cause or what to do about it?

Thanks!
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Oct 29 2008, 12:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2008, 12:24 PM EDT
sound quality is the worse i have heve seen from htc. i have had 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950 and this is the worse so far.

this should be recalled. unacceptable.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Oct 29 2008, 1:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2008, 1:44 PM EDT
Best Buy is seeing massive returns due to the earpiece problem. HTC needs to figure out this problem ASAP. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

coolguy949
3. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Oct 30 2008, 7:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2008, 7:09 PM EDT
I called HTC yesterday and they "have never heard of the issue". How can this be? Do they not use their own phones? DOZENS of forums have multiple threads about this issue. My brother and I both bought the phone and we have the same issue. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

coolguy949
4. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 1 2008, 12:01 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 1 2008, 12:01 AM EDT
Guys (and girls), just got back from Best Buy where I was able to change my 10/14 build date with a 10/18 and i'm happy to say the problem is no more. The new device sounds perfect - like my previous Nokia E61i. Don't rely on a software fix when you might have a hardware problem. Don't give HTC a break and let them slide on this. They should be responsible for their QC mistake. Best buy did an exchange with no problems and I was out of there within 20 mins. They actually were familiar with the issue. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 2 2008, 1:03 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2008, 1:03 PM EST
I'm having the same issue - sounds muffled / blown speaker sound and crackly. My build date is 10/13. I've emailed the guy at Best Buy to see when they expect more in to exchange.

I called HTC today, spoke with James, and he stated he hasn't heard of the issue either. He said to exchange it at BB.

I tried the different audiopara cabs, but did not help at all.
Do you find this valuable?    

coolguy949
6. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 2 2008, 2:03 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2008, 2:03 PM EST
"I'm having the same issue - sounds muffled / blown speaker sound and crackly. My build date is 10/13. I've emailed the guy at Best Buy to see when they expect more in to exchange.

I called HTC today, spoke with James, and he stated he hasn't heard of the issue either. He said to exchange it at BB.

I tried the different audiopara cabs, but did not help at all."
I remember clearly I also spoke with James and he had never heard of the problem and that was a week ago. Interesting... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

pnuticus
7. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 2 2008, 2:13 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2008, 2:13 PM EST
"I remember clearly I also spoke with James and he had never heard of the problem and that was a week ago. Interesting..."
(that was me posting as anonymous)

That's funny. Should be interesting. Hoping BB will get more in soon (with a newer batch).

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 2 2008, 5:04 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2008, 5:04 PM EST
Laughing - My tech had the same problem until he realized that the screen cover also covers the speaker hole. Great sound after he remover the clear cover... Just passing it on... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
9. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 2 2008, 6:08 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2008, 6:08 PM EST
I had the tech remove it while he was activating it. It's definitely still a muffled sound Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
10. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 5 2008, 2:50 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 2:50 AM EST
When i start programs/audio booster and then manually change the volume, the blown up speaker sound disappears and a good sound returns. Anyone else experiences this? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
yidocraze
yidocraze
11. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 5 2008, 11:36 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 11:36 AM EST
is there a patch that can be installed to fix this issue? anyone have the link for it? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

pnuticus
12. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 5 2008, 1:53 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 1:53 PM EST
On the Audio Booster "fix" - it says you need a headset plugged in for it to work. Did you do that and as a result the speaker on the phone started sounding better?

As far as a fix - there's some people that have tired the audiopara fix (including myself, but did not help) - I believe it's on ppcgeeks.

Posted Anonymously
13. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 5 2008, 2:10 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 2:10 PM EST
"On the Audio Booster "fix" - it says you need a headset plugged in for it to work. Did you do that and as a result the speaker on the phone started sounding better?

As far as a fix - there's some people that have tired the audiopara fix (including myself, but did not help) - I believe it's on ppcgeeks. "
I tried the audiopara fix and it didn't help. exchanging the phone is what fixed it. Some phones are beyond a software fix. Do you find this valuable?    

pnuticus
14. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 5 2008, 2:26 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 2:26 PM EST
"I tried the audiopara fix and it didn't help. exchanging the phone is what fixed it. Some phones are beyond a software fix. "
That's what I'm leaning towards - the local BB where I got it has it, but I am waiting for the mobile phone guy to be in when I swap it out (he was very helpful).
yidocraze
yidocraze
15. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 5 2008, 2:49 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 2:49 PM EST
yeah, i tried the audiopara fix but didnt help a bit. as far as exchanging it, well i purchased mine from amazon unlocked, so i guess im stuck with it. any other suggestions? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
16. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 5 2008, 11:22 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 11:22 PM EST
I picked one up from a corporate Sprint Store in indy today, swapped up from a Diamond. The audio quality is both quiet and distorted as has been noted. I have tried the hard reset with no change. Of course, the only corporate Sprint stores are over an hour away and all sold out, so I'm stuck with it for a little while.

How could this have passed QC? It's baffling.

Posted Anonymously
17. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 10 2008, 1:29 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2008, 1:29 PM EST
I have to say i was really worked up about sprint coming out with the pro and I was the first to get it in the area when the shipment arrived but then something happened I came home and made a phone call and it seems that the volume or earpiece or ear speaker however you may prefer was very low and almost unhearable!!! I was very sad but I went within 2 days and exchanged it for a completely new one but once again the audio ONLY on the voice call was disasterous and unbearable!!!! But for some odd reason the pro works just fine and awesome as far as music or ringtones go... very unacceptable by the company I say... :( 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
18. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 10 2008, 1:50 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2008, 1:50 PM EST
I too have found that my Touch Pro's speaker has very poor sound quality when using the device for everyday telephone use. The sound coming from the earpiece speaker is distorted. It almost sounds as though the earpiece speaker is being driven too hard by the output audio amplifier or the equalizer settings are way off for a spoken voice. The speaker phone seems to work well as does the wired headset. I called HTC to get some advice and the only solution they could provide was to try and plug in the wired USB headset and then go and adjust the equalizer settings in the Audio Booster program. This I knew would not solve the problem since this program only works in conjunction with the USB headset and has no effect on the built-in speakers.

I also went back to the Sprint Store where I bought my Touch Pro. Here I made a test call with their demo Pro and it too had exactly the same audio problem. Finally, I tried placing a call with the demo Touch Diamond and the sound quality was much better. This leads me to believe that there is some sort of defect in the Pro either a hardware or firmware issue.

Here is my device data (type ##786# with your keyboard to get your device data)

Build Date: 10/13/2008
ROM Date: 09/12/08
Software Version 1.03.651.3
Firmware Version 1.03.15F
Hardware Version 0002

Thanks for your replies.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
AdamTxPdx
AdamTxPdx
19. RE: Audio quality problems on Touch Pro
Nov 10 2008, 2:36 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2008, 2:36 PM EST
It is very hard to hear out of the ear piece when making calls. In fact, if there is any kind of street noise at all, it becomes impossible for me to hear the caller. This really does need to be addressed. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next