• A Wetpaint Site
Showing 3 posts

Posted Anonymously
internet connection?
Dec 7 2008, 12:41 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2008, 12:41 AM EST
Do you need a wireless internet plan in order to use this or can i just download the software via wireless router and use the software without an internet connection? [email protected] Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: google gps internet maps wireless

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: internet connection?
Dec 7 2008, 1:27 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2008, 1:27 AM EST
I just got my fuze today and to my understanding, all you have to do is turn off data and just have your wifi turned on if you want to just use it without the data plan. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
2. RE: internet connection?
Dec 7 2008, 1:08 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2008, 1:08 PM EST
"Do you need a wireless internet plan in order to use this or can i just download the software via wireless router and use the software without an internet connection? [email protected]"
Google maps requires some sort of connection to the internet. The GPS software is loaded on to your phone but unlike TOM TOM or Garmin, the maps are accessed on line. So a data connection is required. Unless you drive from Starbucks to Starbucks to check your progress , navigation software by wifi is kind of impractical. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)