• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Help with SlingboxThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
Help with Slingbox
Nov 20 2008, 5:15 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2008, 5:15 PM EST
Need Help with Slingplayer Mobile and X7501

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Slingplayer stopped working on my X7501 a few months back. I get an error message saying, "cannot connect, check your connection settings". All the HTC, AT&T, and Slingmedia peeps can't put my Slingplayer back together again.

I've tried reloading new and old versions to only get it to work for a few minutes. After that it's back to the same error message. The X7501 is now off Sling's compatible list too. Any advice is appreciated and by the way Slingplayer mobile is working on my other phones just fine.
Do you find this valuable?    
itxy
itxy
1. RE: Help with Slingbox
Nov 20 2008, 10:11 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2008, 10:11 PM EST
try using it with you ip address the second selection i had same problem with my htc touch pro when i used the ip configuation it worked fine and over a router works better once you have the ip any router will connect to it. if you dont know you ip try whatmyip.com or ipconfig
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: Help with Slingbox
Nov 25 2008, 1:55 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2008, 1:55 AM EST
Found my own problem solution

go to settings/connections/connections then edit your existing connection , go to proxy settings and UNCHECK the second option that wants you to use internet via proxy server.
this should fix it , its a bit strange to uncheck this option , other apps like coreplayer work with this option checked or unchecked but slingplayer does not.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
rkeinc
rkeinc
3. RE: Help with Slingbox
Nov 29 2008, 4:07 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2008, 4:07 PM EST
Has anyone had success connecting their HTC Touch Pro to their SlingBox Pro? I've contacted SlingMedia and they have not replied in over 3 weeks. I get the following error when trying to load the "CAB" file, "Setup can be installed only on SmartPhone, this device is not a valid SmartPhone device. Setup cannot continue."

Thanks in advance for any support that can be provided.

rkeinc
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
4. RE: Help with Slingbox
Nov 29 2008, 5:23 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2008, 5:23 PM EST
"Has anyone had success connecting their HTC Touch Pro to their SlingBox Pro? I've contacted SlingMedia and they have not replied in over 3 weeks. I get the following error when trying to load the "CAB" file, "Setup can be installed only on SmartPhone, this device is not a valid SmartPhone device. Setup cannot continue."

Thanks in advance for any support that can be provided.

rkeinc"
My bad and please bear with me on this...

After visiting the SprintUsers site and seeing that others had made the HTC Touch Pro connection to SlingMedia, I got to thinking what "I" must be doing wrong - well here it is - I was trying to download the "CAB" for a SmartPhone and not the Pocket PC 1.6 - that was my problem, specifically I was just stuck on trying to install "SlingPlayer Mobile for Windows Smartphone 1.6 (US English)" and not the "SlingPlayer Mobile for Pocket PC 1.6 (US English)". Once I did this it IS working! And phenominally well! So I apologize for my "shortsighted thinking inside the box" attitude and hope others can learn from my mistake!
Oh Happy Days - rkeinc - :-)
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)