• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC S640 GPS Information

Keyword tags: GPS Live Search Navigation s640
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

hoferboy

hoferboy
HTC S640 GPS Information
Nov 12 2007, 6:53 PM EST
I have downloaded the Microsoft Live Search on my HTC S640. I have not been able to figure out how to set up Live Seach to connect to the internal GPS, so that it can show me my location on the map. Does anyone have any idea if this will even work? Also, can anyone tell me if there is any kind of Navigation software available for this phone?? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC S640 GPS Information
Nov 13 2007, 10:19 PM EST
I'm trying to find out the same information. I've tried a couple of navigation softwares (TomTom, Streets and Trips) and have not been successful in getting them to work. Apparently the latest version of Garmin Mobile XT works with built-in gps and actually lists the s640 as being compatible with their software. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 3:50 PM EST
I'm trying to find out information about this as well. Nav4All also doesn't recognize the internal GPS... do we even have internal GPS on this phone?? I seem to remember seeing A-GPS as being on the list of features. (I'm on the Telus network in Canada)
If Garmin Mobile XT works with it then it's certainly a good buy at $99 but can anyone confirm if it really does work?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 28 2008, 11:17 PM EST
I also am having issues with the GPS on my s640. I can't seem to find out what the right comm port and baud rate settings are. I'm trying it with google maps mobile right now but it just says "Initalizing GPS..." and then eventually freezes up. If anyone has any tips or resources for this problem or has got their GPS to work on the HTC 640 (I think it's called the Iris in the US). I'm on the Telus network in Canada. Please help if you can. Thanks. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 14 2008, 4:05 PM EDT
the telus s640 does not have built in gps. sorry to disappoint Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors