• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Rogers won't upgradeThis is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

Posted Anonymously
Rogers won't upgrade
Sep 5 2007, 11:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 5 2007, 11:33 AM EDT
I noticed on the Rogers Video homepage (http://www.rogersplus.ca/default.asp) that they are advertising the s621 with mobile 6, I called and asked if they will be releasing an upgrade like T-Mobile did. The support staff said they have no intention of doing it.
Any links to an update that works on Rogers?
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

rgedge
1. RE: Rogers won't upgrade
Sep 9 2007, 6:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 9 2007, 6:56 PM EDT
I emailed Rogers last week and they said their techs are working on integrating WM 6 on their phones and will release and upgrade when they can warrant it...sometime in the new year. upgrade if it will work. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Rogers won't upgrade
Jan 29 2008, 2:54 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2008, 2:54 PM EST
just go to the htc website, they have released WM6 upgrades, all you have to do is enter your product info 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Rogers won't upgrade
Jun 28 2008, 5:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2008, 5:39 PM EDT
Roger's so called "support" is next to useless. I went back and forth between HTC and Rogers on this issue... and each one is pointing their finger at the other.
The bottom line is, Roger's could care less if the expensive phone you just purchased is supported or not. Their solution to me was to upgrade my existing phone to a newer model. Oh yea... at my expense of course! HTC's response was "ROM updates are approved by your carrier before they are released"... which is exactly the opposite that Roger's tech support "manager" said to me 3 days earlier. They are the ones that told me to go to HTC.

From what I have experienced over this, both Rogers and HTC expect the customer to resolve the upgrading issue on their own. (I suspect Rogers is more to blame) But regardless, it is not a glowing moment for either of them. Having over 30+ years in the customer service industry... I plan on taking my business elsewhere in the future, and telling at I know to do likewise. Seems that is the only recourse to shoddy service, or I should say complete lack thereof.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?