• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: CDMA? SDHC instead of microdrives?This is a featured thread

lmb02

lmb02
CDMA? SDHC instead of microdrives?
Aug 25 2007, 6:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 25 2007, 6:13 PM EDT
It sure would be nice to have CDMA support. HTC proclaims the size of the Verizon market and then ignores it with the really good stuff (Advantage and Shift).

So how about a 7501c for CDMA / 1xRTT support?

Or 76xx that has a CF or SD slot that accepts 8GB cards? Eliminates moving parts, and faster to load the drive from the PC directly than via ActiveSync; backup to card, remove, then do RUU which wipes out everything.

HTC you have to broaden the appeal... don't ignore the CDMA and no-phone-needed markets. You have one of the very few VGA devices. People like me really want to buy, don't you want our business?

Or a 7401 with NO phone support built-in but a slot for phone card?

3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

Anonymous
1. RE: CDMA? SDHC instead of microdrives?
Aug 27 2007, 12:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 27 2007, 12:17 PM EDT
one observation, the mini sd slot there now, does support sd-hc (mini) .. I have a kingston 4gb (class 6) card in it now, works great.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
2. RE: CDMA? SDHC instead of microdrives?
Feb 18 2008, 11:30 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 18 2008, 11:30 PM EST
HTC goes with GSM because they sell their products internationally. CDMA Networks are US only pretty much. GSM phones and 3g networks are world-wide. Using CDMA would narrow the market for there sales. It is also viewed that 3g networks are upgradeable with out changing the hardware...speed can continue to increase with the same hardware, were as ev-do and cdma is limited to the phones current hardware. GSM/3g is just a smarter move. I do not know about you, but I have always had excellent coverage in the US with my ATT phones.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: CDMA? SDHC instead of microdrives?
Mar 9 2008, 11:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 9 2008, 11:39 PM EDT
You are joking right? The problem is Verizon. As a person who had (and loved) HTC's XV6700, I got tired of waiting for 2 years for something hotter to replace it. And what does Verizon come up with? The XV6800 which is basically a rehash of phones that have been around for a few years. The problem is Verizon, not HTC. I got tired of talking to Verizon reps who said for a year the replacement was in "testing". Can you hear me now?

Anonymous
4. RE: CDMA? SDHC instead of microdrives?
Mar 13 2008, 6:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2008, 6:19 PM EDT
CDMA is a lousy phone system. HTC has plenty of CDMA phjones to choose from but then you give up your choice of carriers.
The microdrive is great but need to be larger. With 4gb mini SD cards available nd direcr PC transfer you have alot of capability.
Rainman76
Rainman76
5. RE: CDMA? SDHC instead of microdrives?
Mar 15 2008, 10:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 15 2008, 10:07 AM EDT
The other problem I have with CDMA/EV-DO networks is that you cannot take a call and use the Internet at the same time. It's a limitation of the technology and why I switched off of Verizon and over to AT&T.