• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC products and BMW Bluetooth Integration

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

admert

admert
HTC products and BMW Bluetooth Integration
Jun 24 2007, 4:14 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend an HTC unit that has 3G data capacity AND integrates fully with a 2006 BMW Bluetooth car ? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC products and BMW Bluetooth Integration
Jul 10 2007, 5:03 AM EDT
HTC Advantage X7501 (Athena), I just replaced my 8525 (TyTN) and it pairs perfectly with our 2006 BMW. It also has an 8 GB Microdrive and a 5" screen. But it is of course larger than a regular phone and the only reason why it works for me is that I mostly use the phone functionality in the car where I do not have to carry it about, on myself. I use the data functionality much more often than the phone one, so make sure you are the same before you pay $1000 for it. Do you find this valuable?    
hmorse

hmorse
Sep 23 2007, 10:31 AM EDT
I have a new 750LI and my HTC P4550 (TyTnII) works perfectly. It also sucks in the entire phonebook into the car, so you can scroll with the I Command to select a name, then push the i command to dial. ATT will have this phone in October known as the ATT Tilt. If you want it now as I did, I went to onthegosolutions.com and purchased it there. Best phone I have ever had. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 17 2007, 2:27 PM EST
HTC Touch pairs perfectly with BMW's original Bluetooth preparation. (17 November 2007) 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 21 2007, 1:12 PM EST
When you say pairs perfectly with the original bluetooth preparaton - do you mean that it will pair with most bluetooth capabale bmw's ? I have a 2004 3 series and now have the HTC Touch Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 16 2008, 12:49 PM EST
i tryed in my 2003 bmw but it didnt work can you tell me what to do to let it work? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 22 2008, 6:51 PM EST
Hi.

Yr 2003 bmw pro. used an older version of the BT implementation. Echeck yr. user manual for specifications.
I would guess it's using V 1.1 or 1.2. V1.2 should work okay with yr HTC phone, but I am not sure about v.1.1.
Pls check with your car dealer.....Chenga
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 24 2008, 4:13 AM EST
So what you are saying is that the new AT&T Tilt will pair with a 2006 BMW? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 24 2008, 9:00 AM EST
AT&T TILT does it all and pairs perfectly with the BMW! It all transfers the entire photebook to the vehicle, and allows you to scroll to the n umber you want then punch it. 30 day trial period also. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
HTC products and BMW Bluetooth Integration
Mar 24 2008, 6:38 PM EDT
I want to buy HTC touch cruise.Does anyone know if it will be ok on my 2005 520i? Do you find this valuable?    
mberryaz

mberryaz
Mar 28 2008, 1:19 PM EDT
I have the Sprint Touch and a 2005 BMW X3, when I pair the device my handsfree works, but the car aways says loading phonebook. I can make and receive calls on handsfree. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 22 2008, 9:31 PM EDT
I have a 2005 X5 and just got the Sprint Touch. I also see the endlesss "Loading phonebook!" message and am unable to use the car unit to access the address book. I am able to make and receive calls and the call quality is apparently much better than the Sprint Q (original) which I previously had. The Q, however, did successfully load the phonebook whereas the Touch does not. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 8 2008, 5:56 PM EDT
I have the HTC Dash and the BMW 128 Bluetooth - everything works... except that when I make outgoing calls my number shows as restricted. When I make an outgoing call from my cell, my name and number appears. It's very weird that when I make an outgoing call using the BMW Bluetooth that my number shows as restricted. Any suggestions on how to fix this. Folks at the dealership were very rude and simply stated that in Canada Smartphones are not supported!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Thursday, 9:51 PM EDT
"I have a new 750LI and my HTC P4550 (TyTnII) works perfectly. It also sucks in the entire phonebook into the car, so you can scroll with the I Command to select a name, then push the i command to dial. ATT will have this phone in October known as the ATT Tilt. If you want it now as I did, I went to onthegosolutions.com and purchased it there. Best phone I have ever had."
Hello your info was very encouraging to me as i have the same car and the same phone i guess tytnII, i just got, when i try pairing it it asks me for a pass code whre do i get this from, any help Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Yesterday, 8:13 AM EDT
ATT Tilt works perfectly. Do you find this valuable?    
Top Contributors