• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: HTC Touch Screen Alignment issueReported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 32 of 32  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2

Posted Anonymously
20. RE: HTC Touch Screen Alignment issue
May 10 2008, 8:19 PM EDT | Post edited: May 10 2008, 8:19 PM EDT
Hi I also had this problem with the screen alignment might last a day or 5 mins without realigning the screen, I tried the ROM upgrade, I had to send it for repair as the issue is not software related.They are replacing the touch screen and another part, Although I do not have it back as yet they are waiting on parts.

Sorry guys I do not think there is a quick fix for this. It is getting fixed under warranty though

Stu
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
21. RE: HTC Touch Screen Alignment issue
May 11 2008, 5:47 PM EDT | Post edited: May 11 2008, 5:47 PM EDT
Was a joke bout' the iPhone, but it´s pretty sad knowing a lot of people with the same issue, and HTC doesn´t provide solutions... "Welcome to the HTC Club" hahaha. The saddest thing is that there is an HTC CLUB what for??? 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

leoinfo30
22. RE: HTC Touch Screen Alignment issue
May 11 2008, 6:53 PM EDT | Post edited: May 11 2008, 6:53 PM EDT
I'm trying some things... I've determined that it's somthing referred with the pressure and the temperature. Try this.
1 - Open a Note
2 - Press firmly with your nale the left side border of the sceen (continue this with the next steps)
3 - Slowly draw a vertical line from top to down at the middle of the screen
4 - While performing step 3 alternate the pressure of the nail.

With this I tink there is a problem of dilatation of materials. Why?
While the phone gets wormer/colder the pressure of some point of the creen varies due to the dilatation of materials. And starts unaligning.
Mi problems started when days started getting colder (near winter)... I always use the phone in my pocket, when receivin' a message y have to realign the screen two or three times, while writing the answer... After that I put the phone again in my pocket, when want to do somthing it is unaligned again, why? because it was lastly realigned when it was cold, now it's warm.
So the whay to solve this is to align and use the phone under the same temperature contidions. When you pick it out of your pocket, let it get cold... and use it. FUCK!

Other solution? is to open it and unscrew a little the screws, or takin' off the sponge of the screen as other post says. But I'm not sure about these solutions, I haven't tried them.

Can HTC engeneers post a reply? It's a serious problem.
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
23. RE: HTC Touch Screen Alignment issue
May 14 2008, 11:06 AM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2008, 11:06 AM EDT
I´have the same problem, waranty says it work perfect. I´m picking it up today, lets see how does it work. I´m calling HTC suport center, to know if it is a known bug, or if it has any kind of solution. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
24. RE: HTC Touch Screen Alignment issue
Jun 3 2008, 5:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 3 2008, 5:14 AM EDT
tried your method. worked for now. lets see in a few days.. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
25. RE: HTC Touch Screen Alignment issue
Jun 26 2008, 10:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 26 2008, 10:41 PM EDT
my touch cruise is having the same alignment problem and nothing is working any help?? 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

mnations
26. RE: HTC Touch Screen Alignment issue
Jul 23 2008, 3:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2008, 3:43 PM EDT
I am having this issue as well. It's pretty bad because I have to align it every 5 minutes or so. I was not able to get the 4 corner method to work (is that with the screen lit or not?) I have also done a hard reset and upgraded to 6.1 to see if that fixed the problem. It did not.

However after reading this forum and trying a couple of things, the problem may be related to pressure. I don't know if that's the only problem, but if I touch the screen lightly with the stylus I keep alignment longer. I've had the phone 9 months and over that time I guess I've gotten in a habit of applying more and more pressure with the stylus.

Someone in an earlier thread suggested holding a thumb nail to the screen at different pressures. You can get the same results by just drawing a line with the stylus and applying different pressures. It's not a fix, but at least it allows the phone to be used for a little longer without needing to re-align by using less pressure.

0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
27. RE: HTC Touch Screen Alignment issue
Aug 22 2008, 7:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2008, 7:19 AM EDT
"I have had the same problem, if you have set the camera to save to storage card, then this will happen everytime. You have to select for all pictures taken using the camera of the phone to be save to the main memory. Then if you want to save the pictures to the sd card, you will be able to drag and drop - or let me say copy/cut and paste to the folder of your choice on the sd card... Hope this helps.. :)"
I can't believe it, this seems to work! (HTC touch wood), changed the photo storage option to main memory and my phone seems to be fine.
There seem to be more than one problem with screen alignment, thankfully this solved mine - I love you! lol
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
28. RE: HTC Touch Screen Alignment issue
Aug 23 2008, 6:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 23 2008, 6:18 AM EDT
i have exactly same touch screen problem with my htc prophet , here is my problem with a long text i sent to a forum ;
"Hi all,

i've been facing a strange problem for 4 days now , and sick and tired of this :/
i got my device for 2nd hand at the beginning of this month , and was using it with no problem.I installed 1drom and used it for a while with no problem again. Then four days ago was scrolling around forum and saw a beautiful rom "prophet future clean " i flashed it and used for 2 days. There were no problems first day but i needed to re-align the screen several times 2nd day. Then i turned it into "my speedy diamond edition 2" and used it for 1 day again with alignment problems.

After that i thought of flashing back 1d and so did i. But screen became unusable (even cant touch X button) after every alignment after 3-4 minutes.I thought it could be something touching the screen and removed the screen protector. It worked fine and had no problems since then. But until 2 hours ago when i charged it. I knew heat maybe the problem but after re-aligning many times it wasnt even usable

then tried flash back to prophet future clean , no succes at even first align after os flashed
then i installed latest radio rom thinking it would help but no success (well, i could align my screen at list after 2 hardreset) ..

finally now i turned back to offical "turkcell shipped rom" which is wm5 , and it's working fine now.

So ,has anyone got an idea what to do ? i really like my phone but also need texting which is impossible with not-working touch screen "

i guess its about pressure and heat, as overclocking the cpu will get u end up with same problem as well
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
29. HTC Touch Screen Alignment VJissue
Dec 11 2008, 10:19 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 10:19 PM EST
"hi recently i bought a HTC TOUCH DIAMOND ,experiencing Screen Alignment issue, each and every time i have to do the screen Align ,with in couple of seconds i need to face the problem again ,can any one help for this issue "
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SOLVE ,R BIG ISSU? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
30. RE: HTC Touch Screen Alignment VJissue
Dec 11 2008, 10:45 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 10:45 PM EST
"IS IT POSSIBLE TO SOLVE ,R BIG ISSU?"
KJN 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
youngweezy05
youngweezy05
32. RE: HTC Touch Screen Alignment issue
Thursday, 8:13 AM EST | Post edited: Thursday, 8:13 AM EST
"I bought a HTC Touch few days ago and I am experiencing severe Screen Alignment issues. I have to manually do the Screen Align task to fix it and it reappears after some time. It would be nice if HTC can come up with a firmware upgrade."
its easy i had the same problem and i fixed it the same day.u just hav 2 clik on the 4 corner of ur phone and its gonna ask u do u wanna save it or not then thts all all and u move onto the nxt step Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2