• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Touch "Black Smudge" on Display Problem

Keyword tags: P3450 touch (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC Touch "Black Smudge" on Display Problem
Feb 22 2008, 7:58 PM EST
I have an HTC Touch P3450, Unbranded English version. Bought it in Aug 2007.

Just recently (today actually), I notice that there is a black "smudge" mark on the bottom half the display screen aprox. an inch long. I had a screen protector on it since day 1, and always keep the screen cleaned, so it's not dirt or anything like that. This smudge mark is constantly there and is especially noticable on a white background. I assume there is something physically wrong with the display. I called HTC Customer Care (Canada) at 1-866-449-8358, and the guy told me that it seems like a physical issue with the display and to call tech support at 1-888-617-1113.

I called the tech support number (1-888-617-1113) and it says this number is not available in my area. WTF? I'm located in Surrey, BC Canada. Does anyone have a direct tech support number which I can call so I can RMA this phone?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC Touch "Black Smudge" on Display Problem
Feb 22 2008, 9:06 PM EST
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=331100

Update: I updated the ROM to 1.17.707.2B WWE. As mensioned in the above link, it may solve the "smudge" issue. Will it didn't, the smudge is STILL there. Not to mension, my is now locked. Will now have to downgrade back to 1.11.707.1B WWE which will hopefully unlock my phone.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Recent Site Activity
Top Contributors