• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Verizon XV6800

Keyword tags: 6800 HTC XV6800 Verizon XV6800
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

charlie007

charlie007
Verizon XV6800
Dec 12 2007, 4:53 PM EST
couple of quick questions on the new Verizon VX6800
1) have folks noticied any issues with the volume? just is not as loud as my previous treo 700p
2) the phone comes with GPS and the option to configure, however i don't believe GPS is enabled or exposed to othe applications (e..g, google maps or microsoft live search

any thoughts?..thx in advance
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Verizon XV6800
Dec 14 2007, 3:21 PM EST
I called verizon and they said GPS is enabled but is currently not supported by Google maps and other software setup primarily for windows 5.0. I just think they are stalling to sell their Verizon navigator crap. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 14 2007, 11:15 PM EST
Actually VZ Nav doesn't come with the window mobile edition PDA's Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 27 2007, 10:04 PM EST
I have noticed this volume issue it is actually quite annoying. i called Verizon and they were not aware of this problem and had no solutions to it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 27 2007, 10:16 PM EST
This is a serious issue with the 6800. I had a very difficult time hearing on the earpiece at max volume levels. The max volume setting needs to be increased by HTC. This is a software issue. In a noisy place it is almost impossible to hear an incomming call. Anyone talk to Verizon or HTC to get a fix for this? This is a make-or-break issue for me with this phone. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 1 2008, 5:42 AM EST
Search for a new AudioPara.Cab file. You can find it by doing a Google search. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 6 2008, 2:25 AM EST
Volume stinks. Raise the volume using a GreaT Bluetooth. Best on market to raise volume is Jawbone by Verizon. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 11 2008, 8:53 AM EST
How do I find one for the xv6800 Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 2:32 PM EST
"This is a serious issue with the 6800. I had a very difficult time hearing on the earpiece at max volume levels. The max volume setting needs to be increased by HTC. This is a software issue. In a noisy place it is almost impossible to hear an incomming call. Anyone talk to Verizon or HTC to get a fix for this? This is a make-or-break issue for me with this phone. "
Go to the XV6800 posts on Howard Forums and there are many fixes for the volume issue. The best is editing the audio files
with the audiopara.csv files. VZW and HTC don't have a clue about fixing this phone. If you have a problem , go to
ppcgeeks.com , HowardForums.com , or pdaphonehome.com , or xda-developers.com and you will be able to find
a fix for just about any issue you have with the XV6800. I did the audiopara.csv fix and my phone is real loud now.

4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 15 2008, 4:00 PM EST
I called Verizon. Got helpful level 2 tech. He said that their network disables the ability to use Google Map since they push their Navigator crap. He hated the situation but was confident there is no fix at the phone level. Their network is screwing us. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors