• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Windows Mobile 6

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 | Next

Anonymous
Windows Mobile 6
May 3 2007, 9:19 AM EDT
I bought this phone less than a year ago and I was wondering if anyone knows if we are getting Windows Mobile 6 for it. I don't want to buy another phone. This one works great. Just want an update. Is there a forum for requesting Windows Mobile 6 for MDA? 7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Windows Mobile 6
May 5 2007, 6:10 PM EDT
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299821

I have a Cingular 8125 with WM6 installed. xda-developers.com has all the info on how to unlock your phone so you can upgrade. It's easier than it reads
Do you find this valuable?    
mushasho
mushasho
May 15 2007, 12:52 PM EDT
So are you saying that I could use the Cingular ROM on my T-Mobile network? I also have a MDA and would like to get WM6. However I'm afraid of the abilty of sms and mms messaging capbilities. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 21 2007, 9:56 AM EDT
There will be no "official" release of WM6 for the MDA from any party. However, if you head over to XDA-Developers, you'll find there are many, many, many "unofficial" versions of WM6 available. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 14 2007, 9:41 AM EDT
Is is really worth the trouble to upgrade? Is there a noticable advantage? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 14 2007, 3:08 PM EDT
i just spoke to HTC they said in a few months they will have wm6 availible for free for us to download Do you find this valuable?    
mushasho
mushasho
A few months,.. mights as well claim my device defective, pay $50
Jun 15 2007, 10:16 AM EDT
deductible and get the Wing, new body style (read "slimmer") and WM6... 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: A few months...
Jun 20 2007, 3:32 PM EDT
"i just spoke to HTC they said in a few months they will have wm6 availible for free for us to download"
Supporting existing customers is obviously not a priority. :/ Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 30 2007, 7:23 PM EDT
I just spoke with HTC and they said by August an up date will be allowed! :) Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 6 2007, 12:49 AM EDT
"I just spoke with HTC and they said by August an up date will be allowed! :)"
perhaps if you were NOT anonymous we might believe you. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 9 2007, 4:27 PM EDT
Hey you guys can download WM6 at this site that i just found!!! It is a torrent site so make sure you get the software to dl it.

The straight link to it is:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/765231
quicksite

quicksite
RE: Windows Mobile 6 - any further word from HTC?
Jul 19 2007, 1:22 AM EDT
Just wondering if there's been any movement on this... Has anyone conversed with anyone at HTC that can still verify they are going to release an official update?

(to July 9th poster) No way in hell I'm going to risk bricking my device. It's clear that people have followed like a 25-step careful process and have succeeded getting WM 6 to run on MDA. but i'm not going thru that pain.

MEANWHILE -- have y'all seen the guy who's written software to bring some of the really useful iphone user interface functionality to a Windows Mobile device? It's beautiful -- flying through a list vs slow scrolling and tapping... ANd a home icon set easier to navigate than the windows Start menu pulldown. I'd be interested to know if anyone here has attempted to install and run this?

example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IykgGs_pK5c

quicksite

quicksite
RE: Windows Mobile 6 - iphone functionality
Jul 19 2007, 1:30 AM EDT
hmm, interesting to see see HTC's new TOUCH phone -- it's reviewed here and you see it doesn't carry the finger=touch interface all throughout the functions of the device -- you can see it on video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP2qCDCBv2w

i think the reviewer does a fair job of comparing it

Anonymous
Aug 6 2007, 6:19 AM EDT
That Rom is for the MDA PRO aka UNIVERSAL. it will not work on the WIZA200. Dammit, I thought it would work. it seems that there are a lot of these "upgrades" none for the mda though. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 14 2007, 1:34 AM EDT
hey guys i went and doing dis downlod of wm6 and it work i have a cingular 8125 that i unloke my self and use it with t-mobile and it works great try this site and download it its worh your time and effort http://www.mininova.org/tor/765231

Anonymous
Oct 17 2007, 3:36 AM EDT
is this a dying topic? any new news about MW6 and the MDA Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Oct 17 2007, 4:12 PM EDT
"is this a dying topic? any new news about MW6 and the MDA"
HTC will not be releasing WM6 for the MDA (event T-Mobile should know this, maybe they just dont want to say it). The WM6 seems to only be offered for the*newer" devices.... Do you find this valuable?    
drifter2k

drifter2k
Oct 18 2007, 10:19 AM EDT
Thank you for contacting T-Mobile. We are thrilled to hear from you
once again! We thank you very much for getting back to us. From what
we understand is you would like to know if we will ever make a Windows
Mobile 6 Upgrade available for the T-Mobile MDA. We can certainly see
the importance of your inquiry and are delighted to assist you with this
matter today.

Regrettably T-Mobile at this time does not have any plans to bring out a
Windows Mobile 6 upgrade. The reason for this is that having tested the
hardware with the Mobile Windows 6 OS resulted in possible issues with
the designed hardware. As well, T-Mobile would like to focus on our
newer devices that feature much better hardware.
drifter2k

drifter2k
Oct 18 2007, 10:30 AM EDT
Sorry for the bad news. I kept hearing they might come out with an update so I went right to the source to get the awnser. So does this mean if I buy a new phone, that won't be supported either? Do you find this valuable?    
GWNorris3rd

GWNorris3rd
Oct 19 2007, 7:06 PM EDT
"Thank you for contacting T-Mobile. We are thrilled to hear from you
once again! We thank you very much for getting back to us. From what
we understand is you would like to know if we will ever make a Windows
Mobile 6 Upgrade available for the T-Mobile MDA. We can certainly see
the importance of your inquiry and are delighted to assist you with this
matter today.

Regrettably T-Mobile at this time does not have any plans to bring out a
Windows Mobile 6 upgrade. The reason for this is that having tested the
hardware with the Mobile Windows 6 OS resulted in possible issues with
the designed hardware. As well, T-Mobile would like to focus on our
newer devices that feature much better hardware. "
Typical T-Mobile, no support or upgrades on any of their Windows Mobile devices. I bought the old HP and they pulled it a week after I bought it due to network issues and other problems nothing like sending $499 for a piece of c**p. The MDA is a great phone, but T-Mobile needs to provide upgrades or at least offer the Wing at $99 with no contract if you trade your MDA in? I have had good service with T-Mobile, but I'm seriously looking att what the "other" carriers have! Do you find this valuable?    
2 | Next